Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resolution of multiple hits on one card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gedeon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on resolving threatened hits. If a card has a threatened hit of say a single, and a double, and it is not contested by the opponent. Would the first pawn be placed on first for the single, then the second would go through with the double, and the first pawn would go to third, unless it is a fast runner then it would go home since he is now a base runner, and not the batter since he already hit his single?

Hope this makes sense as a question, as I found myself wondering about this while playing for the first time earlier today....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan,

Sensible questions!

Threatened Hits are resolved from left to right in order.

In this case, we have first a Single and then a Double.

With both Slow and Average Base Runner's it would go as follows.
***The Single would place the first Threatened Hit on First.
***The Double would move the Base Runner on First to Third and would place the second Threatened Hit on First Second Base.

***If these are Fast Base Runners then it would be as you suggested:
***The Single would place the first Threatened Hit on First.
***The Double would move the Base Runner on First to Home to score and would place the second Threatened Hit on First Second Base.

The key is to remember that when the pawns are Batters (Threatened Hits) they are moved according to the Hit. When the pawns are Base Runners (already on base when the Hit occurs) they move at the speed of the Base Runner. (Speed of Hit for Slow and Average Base Runners (and Average scores on any hit from 2nd Base) and Speed of Hit +1 for Fast Base Runners.

When applying other Immediate Action effects (Clutch, Stolen Base, Walk, etc. you follow the special Immediate Action rules for that effect).

Best
Ralph
For Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
***The Double would move the Base Runner on First to Third and would place the second Threatened Hit on First.

***The Double would move the Base Runner on First to Home to score and would place the second Threatened Hit on First.

Are these right? Wouldn't the second threatened hit land on Second with these Doubles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it would... Ralph just mistyped a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gedeon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for catching my errors there! I was so focused on explaining the way the man on base moves, I totally spaced out on the batter's movement.

I am editing it now to correct.

Best
Ralph
For Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jazz Rabbit
Finland
flag msg tools
Just to confirm:
When resolving hits, can multiple batters move with one hit or only one batter meeple per hit box?
-> With an empty field and a double-double card do I end up with two meeples on the bases (2nd & 1st) or just one (2nd base) after the first hit is resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Abso wrote:
Just to confirm:
When resolving hits, can multiple batters move with one hit or only one batter meeple per hit box?
-> With an empty field and a double-double card do I end up with two meeples on the bases (2nd & 1st) or just one (2nd base) after the first hit is resolved?
Well, technically just one runner afterward, but the first one will have scored. Resolve the hits completely, one at time.

First Double: Place the first batter on 2nd as a baserunner.
Second Double: Move the runner on 2nd home, scoring a run, then place your second batter on 2nd base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.