Subject: Why no expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Buch
Germany
Osburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why had there never been any expansion to the game? Not a single one!!! Not even a mini-expansion, f.i. in Spielbox magazine.

"World Without End" won Spiel des Jahres Sonderpreis. Normally those games create a huge amount of expansions.

I am sad, because I love the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait until the FFG version comes out ... meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:

What FFG version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

What FFG version?

Sorry, I was just jokin' meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played WWE this past weekend, after not playing it for a few years. Such a great game! We had some brutal events which made it hard to score well. I think the winning score was around 42.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
I just played WWE this past weekend, after not playing it for a few years. Such a great game! We had some brutal events which made it hard to score well. I think the winning score was around 42.

Last time I played WWE, we had all of the worst cards come up too! It was the most brutal game of WWE I had ever experienced. And THAT..... is why I love World Without End!!!

A very good, under-rated game... that can kick your butt at the best of times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. The sweet, sweet, pain...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game is already complete. I cannot think of anything that SHOULD be added. It's just really great and I think expansions will break it.
There could be added some event cards, but I don't think it makes the game better.

The board is also fine as is. Adding extra parts to the board (like done in village) also doesn't make this game better. There are already enough choices (in the (event) cards) and adding more choices by adding new parts to the board probably doesn't makes it more fun. At least... That's my opinion. I don't like village and I do like WWE, because here you can do something of everything to gain points. Heal some people, build some things and gain resources. In village you must focus on 2 or 3 things. If you travel and go to the market, you can't focus on the other parts of the boards, because all your resources go to traveling. That's what makes WWE great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.