Popular Tags: [View All]
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have not played the game yet, just read the rules.

So , once you have kind of figure out what are the other players roles,
would you only play "attack" cards on opposites?
or would you also play it on fellow dwarves?

thanks!
happy games
fer
sk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play action cards on ANYONE... If you play with the very popular variant "Good dwarves with broken tools get no gold if their side wins".. then breaking fellow good-dwarves tools becomes part of the strategy of earning the most gold for yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thijs Smitskamp
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
Deliberately blocking your own side won't win you many friends and the only reason to damage your own side's ability to lay a card might be when the next person can't lay the card your side needs to complete the path and the only card that can be layed will stop your side winning. In that case you might block a miner to stop them laying their only card and allowing the next miner to complete the path.

If I remember correctly you have the choice between laying a tile and discarding a tile. If you break the equipment of a player on your own side and he can't lay a path tile on his turn, he has to discard a tile. (or play a special tile) Why would this help you? It doesn't give any extra options and he still looses a card on his turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The real reason why you would want to play a broken tool card against your fellow miner is if you are one step away from completing the mine and you suspect the next good dwarf to your left can complete the mine.

Why?

Because you get the least reward and the guy to your left get's the largest amount.

Consider a 4 player game with 1 Saboteur and 3 good dwarves A, B and C. Let's say 4 gold reward cards are 3,2,1,1 Gold. If the player to your left (A) is allowed to complete the mine he choses 3 the other good dwarf (B) chooses the 2 and you end up with 1. You then pass the remaining 1 Gold to A.

So you, as player C get 1 gold; player B gets 2 and player A (the first good dwarf to your left) gets 4.

If you want to win this game with this competitive variant you must prevent player A from completing the mine.

I stronly recommend this competitive as it's too easy to complete the mine in the standard games. This variant makes it a much clevere games as you have to carefully consider when you can afford to scupper you team mates without losing the war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot guys,
those inputs help me to understand better the game before i take it out to play.
I was thinking like Stephen, but all point of views are equally useful to me.
thanks
fer
sk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.