Subject: Hatching Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played the Emergence scenario a couple times and I have some questions.

Does the Emergence card effect ever actually occur? That is, do you ever hatch a card at the start of the round? Just the first round? Every round of the 6?

As a strategy note, should one generally gather as many eggs as possible?

My problem is that it seems impossible to hatch enough cards to ever get a meaningful deck. Are there any other hatch options besides eggs and the Emergence event?

Related to this, it seems impossible to mount a decent response to the boss without an ambush, no matter what deck one is using.

I *think* I'm playing all the rules right; it just seems there is some core strategy I must be missing. Any help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paschal
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every round, you hatch during an Emergence round.

Eggs are key, yes. Always buy them if you can.

I am sure you are but it just takes a few play throughs before that light bulb clicks on and you see the patterns in the cards you need to be buying.

I have never beaten a Boss when starting with an Ambush. I tend to set and Ambush when I am hunting prey or I use it as a way to think my deck of Hatchlings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.