Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Great game, can't wait to delve back in but I have a few queries to iron out before our next game:

1) If I'm first player and claim the first player marker I collect all the corn at the end of my turn and pass the marker on. Does the player I pass the marker to have the option to spin the wheel twice or do I? Or is spinning the wheel twice void in this scenario?

1a) When first player is claimed and the corn is collected at the end of the players turn, does corn still come out at the end of that day?

2) If my resource extraction tree is level 3 and I claim Yaxchillan 5 am I correct in saying I get a bonus stone AND gold?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormzors wrote:
Hey guys,

Great game, can't wait to delve back in but I have a few queries to iron out before our next game:

1) If I'm first player and claim the first player marker I collect all the corn at the end of my turn and pass the marker on. Does the player I pass the marker to have the option to spin the wheel twice or do I? Or is spinning the wheel twice void in this scenario?

1a) When first player is claimed and the corn is collected at the end of the players turn, does corn still come out at the end of that day?

2) If my resource extraction tree is level 3 and I claim Yaxchillan 5 am I correct in saying I get a bonus stone AND gold?

Cheers

1) The player who claimed the first player spot has the option to double spin, not the new first player.

1a) No.

2) Yes.

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excellent thankyou for the quick response!

Another question I forgot to ask:

3a) Can I place a worker on Chichen Itza even if I don't have a crystal skull but plan to have one by the time I remove it?

3b) I assume if you don't have a crystal skull and you remove a worker from Chichen Itza you don't resolve the effect?

3c) If I have level one in Theology as well as workers on Chichen Itza 6 and 7, am I allowed to bump both of them up to 8 and 7 as long as I do it in the correct order and it satisfies all other requirements? In other words can I use the Theology level 1 twice per turn? (I guess it could theoretically be even more if I had more workers)

4) I had acquired all my workers in a game yet age 2 rolled around and a building came out that gave you an additional worker - does this do nothing for me if I build it since I have no more workers I can claim? This is assuming 6 workers is the max.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormzors wrote:

3a) Can I place a worker on Chichen Itza even if I don't have a crystal skull but plan to have one by the time I remove it?

3b) I assume if you don't have a crystal skull and you remove a worker from Chichen Itza you don't resolve the effect?

3c) If I have level one in Theology as well as workers on Chichen Itza 6 and 7, am I allowed to bump both of them up to 8 and 7 as long as I do it in the correct order and it satisfies all other requirements? In other words can I use the Theology level 1 twice per turn? (I guess it could theoretically be even more if I had more workers)

4) I had acquired all my workers in a game yet age 2 rolled around and a building came out that gave you an additional worker - does this do nothing for me if I build it since I have no more workers I can claim? This is assuming 6 workers is the max.

Cheers

3a) Definitely. There's no requirement for placing workers except the corn cost.

3b) Correct, you only get the benefits if you pay the skull.

3c) Yes. Theology 1 can happen once per action, as with all the tech bonuses.

4) Yes. 6 is the max number of workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stormzors wrote:

3a: Yes, you can. You only need to pay the cost for removing the worker (i.e. the skull) when you remove it, in the same way that you don't need to have the resources to pay for your building when you place the worker, only when you remove it to build using e.g. Tikal 2.

3b: Correct. You can remove the worker from CI and do nothing; you don't get any effect unless you place a skull.

3c: You can use Theo 1 as many times as you have workers on the wheel when pulling them (unless one of them's on the top square of course!). As long as indeed you do them in the correct order.

4: You certainly can't use it to claim another worker (6 is the limit), but you can build it for the points as far as I'm aware - it comes with 6 of them in addition to the worker. You could also build it for the Architecture track bonuses if you wanted, or to boost your monuments if you had the appropriate ones etc - or just to deny it to someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:

thespaceinvader wrote:

3c: You can use Theo 1 as many times as you have workers on the wheel when pulling them (unless one of them's on the top square of course!). As long as indeed you do them in the correct order.

Oops, now we have a disconnect... or maybe not...
The build-twice space notes the bonus is specifically marked as one-use-per-build. I don't know the rules well enough to state overall.

If you built using another space... I could see getting the bonus since it is another location.

Edit: We typically play 'getting bonuses for gathering actions' which aren't limited to one 'pull' per turn either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Stormzors wrote:

runtsta wrote:

1a) No.

Really? Wow, I've missed that one all this time! I just looked it up in fact, and sure enough from pg 10 of the 2nd edition rules:

"In any round in which no one chooses this action, 1 corn is placed on a tooth of the Tzolk'in gear."

So I guess on rounds when someone DOES place a worker there is NO corn placed. Kind of a strange way to word it, but there it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raujour wrote:
runtsta wrote:

thespaceinvader wrote:

Oops, now we have a disconnect... or maybe not...
The build-twice space notes the bonus is specifically marked as one-use-per-build. I don't know the rules well enough to state overall.

If you built using another space... I could see getting the bonus since it is another location.

Edit: We typically play 'getting bonuses for gathering actions' which aren't limited to one 'pull' per turn either.

Yes, once per action, not once per turn. The Tikal 4 build-twice action only gives you architecture bonuses once because it's a single action that lets you build twice.

Usually each worker removed gives you one action, and you can use the bonuses once with it. There is, however, a building that gives you a free Tikal 2 build-action, and you would get the bonuses twice when building it: once for building the building that give you the Tikal 2 build-action, and again for building something using that free build-action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krakrs wrote:
Quote:
Stormzors wrote:

runtsta wrote:

1a) No.

Really? Wow, I've missed that one all this time! I just looked it up in fact, and sure enough from pg 10 of the 2nd edition rules:

"In any round in which no one chooses this action, 1 corn is placed on a tooth of the Tzolk'in gear."

So I guess on rounds when someone DOES place a worker there is NO corn placed. Kind of a strange way to word it, but there it is!

It also describes under the "Advancing the Calendar" section on p.6:

"If no worker was placed on the Starting Player Space this turn, take 1 corn from the bank and put it on the current tooth of the Tzolk'in gear. On the other hand, if there is a worker on the Starting Player Space, the rules for advancing the calendar are different. See the section on the Starting Player Space (page 10) for details."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks guys! Very thorough as always! Glad these questions helped some others too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I was reading through these and couldn't find an answer to this:

If my guy is on the top tech track (I forgot the name) and my guy is on the 3rd space where I get +2 corn when I pick up corn on the wheel do I also get the benefit of the first and second space of that tech track when I place another worker on that wheel? (so long as the conditions are met, that is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Okay, I was reading through these and couldn't find an answer to this:

If my guy is on the top tech track (I forgot the name) and my guy is on the 3rd space where I get +2 corn when I pick up corn on the wheel do I also get the benefit of the first and second space of that tech track when I place another worker on that wheel? (so long as the conditions are met, that is)

Yes, all tech paths are cumulative. If you're at Agriculture 3, you get 12 corn from the top spot, don't need to have a corn token there to take it, and 4 from the lake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks but just curious, is that in the rule book or is it worded so that it's vague and/or an interpretation thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the rulebook. The last sentence of the introduction in the Technologies section (p.12) states:

"If your marker is on a higher level technology, you also have the benefits of all the lower level technologies on that track."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Γοργοπόδαρος
Greece
flag msg tools
All that is gold does not glitter
badge
Not all those who wander are lost
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! I have a question about Chichen Itza.

If you have advanced the technology of theology by one level and if the next available step on the temple is blocked because somebody else previously performed the action, can you use the next available action (the next two steps) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
jedioakenshield wrote:
Hi guys! I have a question about Chichen Itza.

If you have advanced the technology of theology by one level and if the next available step on the temple is blocked because somebody else previously performed the action, can you use the next available action (the next two steps) ?

Nope. If it is blocked then you can't go onto it. You basically lose the power up in this situation (at least until you turn again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Γοργοπόδαρος
Greece
flag msg tools
All that is gold does not glitter
badge
Not all those who wander are lost
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Thank you very much for the quick answer.
And something else that i can t find in the rules. If u fail to feed the workers, do u still get the rewards from the gods? (of course plus the -3 vp penalty for every worker)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedioakenshield wrote:
I see. Thank you very much for the quick answer.
And something else that i can t find in the rules. If u fail to feed the workers, do u still get the rewards from the gods? (of course plus the -3 vp penalty for every worker)

Yes, temple scoring is independent of worker feeding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.