Subject: [DECK] Horchata de Cayambe [GNK 4-0, Regional 5-1] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Heymuth
Germany
Harmstorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since "The Valley" hit the shelves, I tweaked my former Valencia deck one more time and finished up with an extremely well-performing aggressive deck that was unbeaten in a GNK tournament last Saturday and only lost to an NEH Butcher Shop on the following day's Regional. Adding the five games I played with it in the Stimhack League IV it has a record of 13-2 against a variety of Corps.

At yesterday's Regional people were asking for the decklist, especially when they saw it tearing apart an RP deck in the Cut of the Regional. So here it is:

Horchata de Cayambe

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (17)
3x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
2x Demolition Run (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I've Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
2x Desperado (Core Set) ••••• •
2x MemStrips (Order and Chaos)

Resource (12)
3x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) ••••• •••
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (8)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Knight (Mala Tempora)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (9)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The main idea is to abuse the Bad Publicity as often as you can, so you want to run, run, and run. There are two key cards that complement that strategy, which are Desperado and Personal Workshop. With both in play, unprotected Archives act as a pseudo-Magnum Opus (you gain 1 Credit from Desperado and you use the Bad Publicity to get a token off a card on the Workshop). Personal Workshop has the other advantage that when you facecheck an ICE that let's you bounce, you can still use the Bad Pub. Effectively that means you clicked for a Credit. At the same time though, you received information, forced the Corp to spend Credits or even get an access.
The next great thing is, that Anarchs have the most efficient breakers in faction. Criminals know this for a long time and imported them in order to run a lot. This deck imports the Criminal console of choice and turns that approach around
So the complementing breaker suite is two each of Corroder, Yog.0 and Mimic plus three Datasuckers. As you realize that you can't break Lotus Field, add two Knights. Apart from Lotus Field, they also like the cosmic ICE or Checkpoint, sometimes also big barriers. And, of course, they are aggressive.
Because you run early and often, the Corp will rez ICE. Good thing that you have Parasites in faction. Installing them on annyoing stuff like Eli 1.0 or Ichi 1.0 forces the Corp to spend time, draws and money to stuff the holes you tear into their defenses - while you run Archives for profit and Datasucker tokens.
The last three programs are three Mediums. These form the primary win condition of the deck. Usually in the mid-game you are ready to run R&D two to four times a turn and will win in short time.
Due to the high amount of viruses, two MemStrips are needed. Host them on Workshop and just wait until you need them.

Let's head over to Resources, starting with card draw. Before "The Valley" was available, Earthrise Hotel was the hotness. Now, it is Wyldside and Adjusted Chronotype, each as a three-of. Two cards for free each turn? Yes please! Due to Personal Workshop you do not even need money to install Programs in order to prevent them from being discarded.
Speaking of money, Daily Casts is the card of choice. You don't want to spend Clicks for anything else than hosting programs on Personal Workshop, getting burst economy or running in the mid-game after you're setup.
The last Resource is Utopia Shard. It takes the last free unfluence and prevents combos, or allows to access two new cards when you run Archives.

Events are pretty straightforward, too. Three each of Sure Gamble and Dirty Laundry for economy, I've Had Worse as damage protection or an option to draw earlier into the desired setup. Three Blackmail are in here as well. Three Déjà Vu are used mostly to get back Parasites, but also I've Had Worse in case of an emergency. Only rarely do I use Déjà Vu for Blackmail. The last two cards of the deck are Demolition Runs. Seriously, they are bananas. The synergy of a third-click Demolition run with one ore more Mediums is crazy and scary.

Now a little paragraph on how I play the deck

I mulligan for either Personal Workshop or Desperado. If my hand has a shitload of economy and Wyldside, you might consider keeping it as well, particularly when you happen to have an Adjusted Chronotype already.
You want to rush to the following setup as fast as possible:
Desperado + Personal Workshop + Wyldside + Adjusted Chronotype.
Once you are set, you basically run all the time. And that is fun. The deck is interactive but insanely brutal.
As I know that someone will ask the question:
You get that setup reliably, despite having 50 cards and Desperado and Personal Workshop only twice. In yesterday's Regional I got it in every single game except one against a Butcher Shop, where the game plan looked different due to the information I got.
One reason why you get it reliably is that you slow down the Corp with the threat of Blackmail and Parasite spam.

Among the four top Corp IDs (NEH, RP, Blue Sun, HB:EtF), I'd rank it best against RP, followed by HB, NEH and Blue Sun.
If I remember correctly I won 100% of games against RP. HB has, apart from Architect, ICE that lets itself Parasite well, plus you can get rid of all the Asset Economy quite cheaply with Bad Publicity and Desperado. Furthermore, slow advance is disadvantageous against Blackmail.
NEH Fastrobiotics yet has to win against this deck, while Butcher Shop usually is a rush game: Does my Medium win earlier than he draws the kill cards? So far I only lost one game against Butcher Shop, but you cannot take the slow approach, I guess.
Blue Sun is a difficult matchup due to Knights and Parasites being barely usable if at all. Still Blackmail allows for remote scores. The worst case is probably a Blue Sun that plays Lotus Fields, Elizabeth Mills and Executive Bootcamp. But well, in the current version, the deck has yet lost against a Blue Sun

I am looking forward to your questions, critique and feedback!

marsellus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I like the deck.

You are not tempted to top up the bad pub with a little investigative journalism? Maybe the extra credit per run balances the whole turn it takes to install.

In my fixed breaker Whizzard deck I settled on Overminds to deal with Lotus Field because Blue Sun kept bouncing my Knights to the heap
and the Memstrips add utility to the Overminds. There are also those emergency situations where you hit an Archer and you are a sucker token short, Overmind helps you out.

I will try this out, looks very strong against big ice decks and the Wyldside draw provides some buffer against Jinteki net damage. I might be tempted to put in Morning Star instead of Corroder because I love that breaker and with the workshop I might be able to get it out on the cheap.

Good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi Sheng Siow
msg tools
excellent deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls