Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up that the Core is on sale at CSI for 54.99

I was on the fence about getting 2 cores given that I planned on getting all of W1 also. I was only thinking about it because I would have had to buy extra dice, the maneuver tool, the Damage Deck and the Objective Deck separately (decks from ebay) since we'll be playing with my pieces only (the other player can't really buy anything right now because of medical expenses).

But with the sale price, it makes the difference between the core price and getting those components separately only $20, which is a hell of a deal for all the core ships.

I love how I can justify spending $240 dollars on plastic toys by thinking about how much I'm saving.

Still, it's cheaper than when I was golfing (and there I go again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. I bought a second core from them just a few weeks ago. I have NO reason to get a third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for U.K. Gamers, Amazon.co.uk have it for £58

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Leist

Hagerstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Too bad they limit it to 1 per.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
much as I want to because I want to fly 'more' ships right now yuk(impatience with wave 1 still being on a boat....) I would rather double up on other (wave 1 (dolphin/gladiator) or wave 2 ships) Glad i have the frigate and the nebulon B, but do not see myself fielding many of them(maybe the CR90).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liggur wrote:
And for U.K. Gamers, Amazon.co.uk have it for £58

It has been available for a while for about that price (give or take a pound) in the UK from various places. However $55 in the US is a heck of a lot less (even allowing for UK/US price differentials). I hope that this isn't an indication that the game isn't prospering and they are trying to get rid of excess stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Minton
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The US soccer players use their arms
badge
A new meaning to the name "Gunners"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I have it ordered on hold with the preordered Wave I items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ha! and I just bought one off amazon for $69... that figures... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
keitharchaeologist wrote:
I hope that this isn't an indication that the game isn't prospering and they are trying to get rid of excess stock.

I wondered the same thing. I know I've resisted picking this up because of the high entry cost (and the high cost of expansions). Maybe this will convince me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this is at least where CSI gets a thumbs up from me. I pulled the trigger on it finally last night, about 30 minutes before their daily sale went live. D'oh. An email to customer service and less than an hour later I get a gift certificate in the amount of the difference. Works for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie L

New Jersey
msg tools
I'd be all over this if I didn't already have two cores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hleist wrote:

I created a second CSI account using another email address and placed two orders, each with a core. I split the W1 preorders between the two and it was still enough to get free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
aflorin wrote:
hleist wrote:

I created a second CSI account using another email address and placed two orders, each with a core. I split the W1 preorders between the two and it was still enough to get free shipping.

shill!!

Edit: actually that was a fantastic way to do it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:
aflorin wrote:
hleist wrote:

shill!!

Edit: actually that was a fantastic way to do it...

Yeah I'm sure the reason they have that limit is to make sure someone doesn't buy a bunch at the sale value with the intent to resell them. Since I'm actually keeping both, I'm ok with it. It would be nice if the limit was 2 instead of 1 but so be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same for me...no rush to get it and the price was right.

PhotographTheVerb wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have it ordered on hold with the preordered Wave I items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.