GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Voyages of Marco Polo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Large Town: Bonus tiles + exchange action cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jérôme
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

After a few games, I still have a few questions.

1) When I first arrive in a Large town, I get a bonus. Should I take it immediately?
Generally, the bonus consists in goods, camels or coins, so it does not matter. However, when the bonus is a free move it makes a difference.

Up to now, I always considered that I have to spend it immediately, but after rereading the rules, it is not that clear.

2) A card provides the following action: exchanging goods for camels and vice versa.
When I take this action more than once (with a dice 4 for example), should I choose first whether I exchange camels for goods or goods for camels?
Another card allows us to exchange either 1 Camel for 3 Coins, or 1 Coin for 1 Camel. For this specific card, the rule clearly says "When taking this action more than once, he must first decide whether to exchange Camels for Coins, or Coins for Camels, for the entire value".
However, for the card allowing us to exchange 2 camels for 1 good, it is not specified.
Thus may I first give 1 pepper and take 2 camels, then give the 2 camels I obtained and take 1 gold?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello Jérôme,

regading your questions:

1) You take that bonus immediately

2) As rule of thumb:

All resources you want to exchange on a city card you must have before you start the exchange actions. Thus you cannot use the first pip of the die to get the resources you need for further exchanges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK! Thank you for your clear answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hgzwopjp hgzwopjp
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

KlausKnechtskern wrote:
All resources you want to exchange on a city card you must have before you start the exchange actions. Thus you cannot use the first pip of the die to get the resources you need for further exchanges

Assuming I have 2 camels and 2 coffee and a dice with a 6, can I:
a) exchange 2 coffee to 4 camels and those to two gold?
b) exchange 1 coffee to 2 camels and 2 camels to one gold, but not a)?
c) neither a) nor b)?
Because I cannot see anything in the rules contradicting a), c) is what is implemented on Yucata.de, and your proposition is b).

Is that an official rules change/clarification that will be added to the FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hgzwopjp hgzwopjp
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikingblood80 wrote:
coffee = pepper?

Whatever the Brown thing is.

Quote:
c) is correct
You can use the city card only in one direction per turn either goods => camels or camels => goods but not both ways.

Where in the rules does it say so? Note this is not the card exchanging money for camels, that is explicitly mentioned AND has a different exchange rate for each direction.

Quote:
If it is implemented on Yucata (which I don't know) then it is not according to the original rules.

That statement doesn't make sense unless you didn't understand "Yucata implements c)"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.