Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that LBA and damphibious units that are returning after two turns since they were eliminated/used up may be placed at any Major Port.

Suppose it's late in the game, for example, and Japan had no friendly Major Ports ... what would happen to the units cited above? Would they be moved back one turn, destroyed, or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Herr
United States
Palos Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine the game state that led to Japan having NO red ports by the beginning of turn 8. That would mean that the US essentially owned the entire board by the end of turn 6. Wow. In any case, units that have no legal arrival point are eliminated instead - same logic that eliminates US reinforcements if both Pearl Harbor and Samoa are captured.

It plugs a tiny hole in the rules, but in either case, the game is pretty much over at that point anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Japan to have no major ports means Japan itself has been captured, in which case I'd say it is game over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've twice seen Japan lose Yokosuka Navy Yard and still be in the game, but only in very bizarre games in which they still had other red ports. In one case, they had gone for Samoa & Pearl with *everything* and taken both while losing Truk and Yokosuka. In the other, they went West early and knocked out the Brits, and still controlled Ceylon at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Eliason
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
I lost Japan once and won as the Japanese, but it only flipped at the end of the last turn, and I never lost Saigon. Yeah, if the Japanese have no red ports at the start of turn 8 I can't see how they have any chance to win anyway. I suppose it's possible for that to happen. I lost Okinawa on turn 5 once after Musashi whiffed on a marine, but I resigned before I had a chance to lose the whole board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.