10 Posts

Dixit» Forums » General

Subject: Dixit and expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I was finally convinced by my GF to try Dixit and I really like it. I am looking forward to purchase this game alongside with 1 or 2 expansions. We plan to mix everything in order not to get bored

So far I like the scoreboard from the original, but I am worried that the box can't accommodate very well the base game + 2 expansions.

I've heard that the cards from Journey are the best and provide the richest experience. How are the other expansions? What would you advise me to buy and why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Dixit: Odyssey it has a different score track and supports up to 12 players (with party mode rules), the box has room for at least 2 of the deck expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shepherd-Jones
United Kingdom
Walton on Thames
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:
Try Dixit: Odyssey it has a different score track and supports up to 12 players (with party mode rules), the box has room for at least 2 of the deck expansions.

Note that they won't fit sleeved cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
BoogChoo wrote:
Earlybath wrote:

Not even a single expansion and the original game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rulezfin wrote:
BoogChoo wrote:
Earlybath wrote:

Not even a single expansion and the original game?

No, not even a single expansion.

You might be thinking that they won't fit because sleeved cards take up more volume (for the example the stack of cards is taller when sleeved).

Rather it is the case that the card wells are the wrong size (with rounded corners) so that even just a single sleeved card doesn't fit well (at least with the edition I have).

EDIT: Here is pic of a pretty nice foam core solution to the sleeved storage problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shepherd-Jones
United Kingdom
Walton on Thames
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The sleeves are too big for the slots in the odyssey plastic insert. There are some really nice foamcore storage solutions out there.

Edit: Spoon beat me to it! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm.. Interesting.

And How does each expansion feels when played? I know it is a matter of taste, but the general consensus appears to be that Journey provides the richest experience while daydreams is visually unappealing. A quick view on the cards and I could say that I tend to agree with this, but I've only had one game with the original Dixit at our FLGS. But how each expansion actually feels while played??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoogChoo wrote:
Earlybath wrote:

I think only the european version of this expansion has this 12 players the new american expansion has only the cards isn't?

the description of odyssey expansion:

"Dixit Odyssey contains 84 cards for use in any of the Dixit standalone games. These cards – with artwork drawn by Pierô and colored by Marie Cardouat, artist of Dixit and Dixit 2 (a.k.a. Dixit Quest) – were originally included in the Dixit Odyssey standalone game released in 2011, but have since been repackaged as an expansion item that consists solely of cards and no other components."

Check Here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
After four additional test games I've decided to buy dixit original and dixit 2. They are a blast and play so well. In the game that I've played tested Odyssey I was having serious trouble finding clues for almost 60% of the cards in my hand or finding matches for other people clues. Despite playing it with the same group DIxit + Dixit 2 do not appear to have this problem and work very well for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
This guy made a pretty handy storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.