Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been working hard with our game and now are bold enough to start to reveal some content. I want to thank personally few people in here who help us to proof texts and give ideas for us. After all we are not making this game for ourselves, but for you other gamers.

Our game has gone through some serious changes during its "trip". We are posting updates as often as possible, we have day jobs so progress is relatively fast.

Go to check our website. www.shatteredtimes.com

You can post your comments in here or post comments to our website.

We are trying to publish also different versions from the components, so you can see how it evolves.

Thank you from your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been working with the project now and we have done more play testing. We succesfully lowered the time that was used in combat (around 40%), by eliminating few moving elements from the combat.

Go to check out our website for updates, especially check Sneakpeek sectionhttp://www.shatteredtimes.com/?page_id=230 .

Here is one example of the maptiles that we have made and this will be very close to final version.

Let me explain maptile a bit...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Every terrain type costs different amount of movement points and moving during the night is slower than during the day. Still there are areas where it is safer to move during the night than it is during the day.

In some hexes there are numbers like 1 | 2 . First number means what Conflict deck is used if hero travels during the day and the second number means what deck is used during the night time. If there aren’t any numbers or there is only line” 1 | – ” then player can decide what deck he will be using if he encounters some sort of opponent.

There are areas where players can buy and sell their equipments and also where players can heal and even go to look for more items from the black market. Some cities and places are inhabited by the aliens, some mostly by humans and some are for both. It is not wise move to be a human and go to Screamer city. You won’t come back from there.

Let me know what you think?

Here is the tile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see this game still coming along. Looking forward to the finished product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One sneakpeek into the artwork...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have got more artwork and here is one of those illustrations.

Cards in the Conflict Deck 3 are the second dangerous opponent group in the game. Starting does have very small chances to win even the weakest opponent from this deck alone.

Average player character has 13 hit points at the start and skills are around 0-2. Destroying the tank with pistol is possible, player just need to roll 22 times the maximum damage or to use explosive rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently we are making tokens and finishing some art work. We are expecting to take small, and final, closed public test rounds during the november and december and then we start to look for someone to publish the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
teroks wrote:

Here is the tile

That is a very cool map. Who did the art again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry that I haven't responded here for a long time. I got new day job and it takes some of my attention additionally to my Medieval Combat sport hobby...but now to my question.

Game is now ready to published into prototype phase (for larger group). I have now one issue, which needs help.

I have designed cards using indesign. As I am going to publish prototypes through Game Crafter, my cards don't have enough bleed.
Game crafter uses also additional Safe Zone, so I need to enlarge bases of the all cards.

How that can be done?

Can I place (or link) cards deck by deck (then every change changes all the cards similar way in that deck) to fasten this adjust job?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ex1st wrote:
teroks wrote:

Here is the tile

That is a very cool map. Who did the art again?

That artist is not working with the project anymore, as his schedules were terrible and unreliable. Map tiles will be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night cards from the prototype game went to printer and when those arrive, game is ready for larger group to test.

Meanwhile some artwork and cards for you to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.