Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Star Wars for quite a while now, but haven't gotten any of the newest force packs yet. I've been looking over the cards deciding if I want to continue with the Rogue Squadron. OK, here are my questions...

What does the number in brackets following Pilot mean? ie, what's the difference between "Mauler" Mithel's Pilot [1] and Lando's Pilot [2]?

Does the Pilot effect differ from character to character? Up until this point, I'm used to abilities such as Elite and Shielding having a consistent effect, but it look like Pilot varies for each instance. Is that correct?

Can a Pilot be played as a character by itself, or as an enhancement on a Fighter? And if the Fighter it's enhancing is destroyed, the enhancement is destroyed with it (unless otherwise stated)? This seems to function similarly to the older Wedge and Luke enhancements from the Hoth cycle.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Also, can a Pilot enhance a Vehicle other than a Fighter? Stay on Target seems to imply yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a Pilot has been attached to a vehicle, can it be unattached later? Or attached to a vehicle as a Pilot after it's been played as a character?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
The number in brackets is the so-called "pilot cost". If you play the pilot as a unit (yes, you can still do that, even though they're pilots), you pay the regular cost. If you play them as a pilot enhancement, you pay the pilot cost instead. And there are cards that reduce the pilot cost, possibly even making your pilot free.

Yes, the pilot abilities are different for each pilot.

If you play the pilot as an enhancement, it is treated as an enhancement in all respects, including that it leaves play if whatever it was piloting leaves play (note that the Hoth Luke had text specifically overriding this).

Unless the pilot's text says differently, they can pilot any vehicle they want. Their effects may not work, though - for example, Baron Fel's ability only works while he's piloting a Fighter. That doesn't mean he can't pilot the Executor (which he may want to do, because then the Executor counts as being piloted, and effects can interact with that state).

The pilot rules don't explicitly give you a way to unattach pilots or to attach them when they've already entered play as units, but of course card effects can modify this. For instance, we already know that the smuggler objective from the last pack (which has a new Falcon and Han) will allow turning an in-play pilot into a pilot enhancement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and personally I suggest that you do continue with Rogue Squadron. While I've only managed to get the first pack yet, I'm absolutely in love with the new fighter decks that can be built and can do crazy cool stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
As a side question on the new cycle, what are considered some of the best pods for vehicles/fighters pre-Rogue Squadron? I have 2xcore and 2xEdge and the first 4 Hoth packs, but have just built basic mono decks for each faction as I teach the game to my wife. I'm really interested in building theme decks like fighters so am planning on getting in on the new cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmschex wrote:
As a side question on the new cycle, what are considered some of the best pods for vehicles/fighters pre-Rogue Squadron? I have 2xcore and 2xEdge and the first 4 Hoth packs, but have just built basic mono decks for each faction as I teach the game to my wife. I'm really interested in building theme decks like fighters so am planning on getting in on the new cycle.

Wedge and Luke in the Hoth cycle and the core for Vader's tie and black squadron pilot. Look at cardgamedb.com and search for fighter or pilot as a key word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.