Subject: city tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Allison
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Is this worth buying for the city tile? I have Ravenloft and WOA already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that's up to you, if you're willing to drop 50 bucks for just the city tile. If the city tile really is the ONLY thing you want from it, I would probably try out a proxy first.

On the other hand, you get all those minis and monster cards to incorporate into the previous games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not so much the city tile itself that I'm looking forward to, it's the idea of a hub and city that matters in a campaign that sold me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is, what do you do in the city? I've seen lots of talk and pictures of it, but no rules explanations whatsoever. Anyone with a copy wanna give some insight?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
My question is, what do you do in the city? I've seen lots of talk and pictures of it, but no rules explanations whatsoever. Anyone with a copy wanna give some insight?...

Haven't gotten my copy yet but the designer's notes were hinting that there were adventures that take place "in town" (town tiles are on the *backs* of the *five* double-sided dungeon tiles) so the scale is off, but the rest of the game-play is probably kinda similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't have it personally, and I recall someone giving a little insight in one of the threads on here, but I'll paraphrase.

So everyone complains about the lack of campaign in these games, but from what I hear the city tile will be used for the official campaign rules. Maybe it is used elsewhere, I dont really know. I imagine the city tile being placed off to the side of the modular board, and it will be a location the players can visit/explore in between adventures. I suppose it is possible that the characters could navigate all the way back out of the dungeon, mid-adventure, and enter the town to re-up, or heal, or trade some goods for other goods, but I don't personally think it is meant to be a mid-adventure location, if that makes sense. Instead, I see this as a holding tank for the characters while the next adventure is being set up. And all those goodies you found from looting monsters would be trade fodder for the various merchants in town. I could see healers, returning you to max/starting HP, smiths to buy weapons and armor, maybe a tavern where you can hope to recruit an ally for the next adventure, maybe there will be locations the players have to go to "get" their mission. Maybe each player gets to visit two merchants/locations (again, just throwing around ideas) before heading out for the next mission, and depending on the makeup and condition of the group you can figure out who goes where in order to get the maximum benefit for the next mission.

Again, I don't really know how the city tile will function, but judging from the threads on here coupled with what I would want from a city tile, I am hoping it incorporates some of what I said above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the best thing to do is wait for someone with the game.

But until then ...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/41192/designer-diary-...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/41171/designer-diary-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.