Popular Tags: [View All]
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your interest in our game.
We paid a professionnal translator for this game but regret the translation mistakes that occurred.

The german version of Astoria was also translated from a 1.0a version of the game whereas the english and french ones were written with the 1.0b rules. We have made some choices while writing out the english and french versions that are here just to make the game more simple, as french players are said to enjoy simple games whereas german players are said to enjoy more elaborate games (of course, this is a "general notice", and only something that is true for some players).

> - in the german version under the section PRODUCE A REACTION it is not allowed to use a gem for a reaction, which has the same colour as the gem in the middle of the gameboard the grey area.

This is exact. This rule is from 1.0a. You can keep it as an official rule that we might use for tournament play.
However, if you want your game to be more easily played, you may choose to use the english version instead for this rule, that doesn't have this exception.

> - in the English version we have a rules part, which is called Play Asymetric, this is missing in the german version

This is exact. We added this section ourselves in order to explain more things about team play. The german version has some notes regarding team play, but is less elaborate than the english one. This section could not be sent in time to our german translator. It has only some advice regarding player behaviour. You should follow those guidelines, but those are only "guidelines". The only "true rule" is that a player cannot produce a move that is the exact opposite of the move produced by the previous player, but this rule is also stated in the german version.

> - Under reactions violet and orange, the English rules say red *_and_* yellow gem, the german rules says red *_or_* yellow gem -- What is correct *_and_* or *_or ? _*

By producing an orange reaction, you may move green and/or blue gems.
By producing a purple reaction, you may move red and/or yellow gems.

> - Rule example: Player 1 move a gem from slot A to slot B. Player 2 is not allowed to move it back. But can I move the gem back lets say in two rounds or so .

Player 2 cannot move back the gem from slot B to slot A, but can still move the gem to other slots.
If player 2 doesn't move any gem (he draws a card), player 3 still cannot move back the gem from slot B to slot A as this would be "the last produced move".
But as soon as another move has been produced, any player can move back the gem from slot B to slot A.

Advanced explanation:
This also means that if a player produces several moves (by using an orange or purple reaction) he may not move the gem from slot B to slot A in his FIRST MOVE, but he may move it back in his second or third move.

This will be explained on a FAQ in a few weeks.

We thank you for your interest and wish you good future games with ASTORIA,

=================================
The ROLE & STRATEGIE team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Müller
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
groescha wrote:
This will be explained on a FAQ in a few weeks.

I've read this enough times, now. I have just uploaded my own FAQ document (german language) for Astoria. The answers given there are checked with the nice people from R&S who told me that a similar document will be forthcoming "soon". ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I there a way to reduce the level of Agitation and Breeches?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
masdero wrote:
I there a way to reduce the level of Agitation and Breeches?

I don't see any way to reduce these. Kind of a nice mechanism to ramp up the intensity of the game actually, and to compensate for the greater amount of artifacts that become available as the game goes on.

Playing this last night, we couldn't figure out any reason why anyone would ever play a fire on the mob (thus increasing the level of agitation); unless that person wanted to be exiled, that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.