XenoShyft: Onslaught» Forums » Rules

Subject: Killing revealed enemy Reaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
After a few solo plays I wondered if revealed enemies can be killed by card special abilities during the reaction step in the combat phase.

For example if I use the special ability of a storm trooper for 2 hp and a hex grenade for an additional 3 hp you can kill a revealed enemy in most instances. Will this kill happen before the fight step of the combat phase, i.e. the enemy has no possibility to attack my unit.

Hoping this will get my Militia to stand on their feet a little longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if the enemy dies from instant abilities, it doesn't fight your troop. This is a strong strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. If an enemy is killed by effects before combat happens... Well combat doesn't happen.

Do note, however, that when an enemy is revealed, only cards that specify they can be played may be done in response to the reveal effect.

Example, you couldn't flip over a Prowler and play a Hi-Ex grenade to attempt to stop its reveal effect.

Once that effect has resolved, however, you could Hi-Ex it to kill it before it attacks a troop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.