Subject: Separating cards after a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy duthie
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

This game looks awesome but I just wondered about the end of a game. Do we need to split up all the decks again at the end for the next time we play or is there something built in to deal with that? Seems like quite an investment in time after a game has finished separating all the decks back out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since each deck has a different back, I think separating out the different decks will be easier than other games with a modular central deck (Legendary, for instance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
Since each deck has a different back, I think separating out the different decks will be easier than other games with a modular central deck (Legendary, for instance).

I agree, but have you seen the size of just the playtest deck!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We think the unique card backs will make separation a lot easier that in other games, but you're right in noting there are a ton of cards. What should make things easier is that you're only playing with a select number of sets (like in Dominion) and the biggest set of cards is the base set, which won't need any kind of organization (as they're always in a shuffled state).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy duthie
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok cool, thanks for the quick answers. Game looks great so best of luck with the rest of the kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
LeinadColtrane wrote:

I agree, but have you seen the size of just the playtest deck!?

the playtest deck is the size of a normal game deck. the full game will come with more cards, but you wont use any more than the playtest deck in a single game.

I agree its a lot of cards but it shouldn't be too hard to separate out.... in fact I rather like sorting things so I don't think I will mind at all lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duthieboy wrote:
Hey guys,

This game looks awesome but I just wondered about the end of a game. Do we need to split up all the decks again at the end for the next time we play or is there something built in to deal with that? Seems like quite an investment in time after a game has finished separating all the decks back out?

This isn't a unique problem to this game. Games like dominion and Marvel Legendary require some time for breakdown as well, but if everyone at the table helps it doesn't take more then 5 minutes or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frogmanmike14 wrote:
duthieboy wrote:
Hey guys,

This isn't a unique problem to this game. Games like dominion and Marvel Legendary require some time for breakdown as well, but if everyone at the table helps it doesn't take more then 5 minutes or so.
well with dominion and such you really only have your own deck to break down... with this game the store deck is huge and needs to be broken down.

but it doesn't bother me I would rather all players just give me their cards and let me break it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hai Kulture
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
Shunning Bandersnatches Daily
badge
Gamer Girl: "I've Touched Boob Today"
mbmbmbmbmb
duthieboy wrote:
Hey guys,

Can't say I see this as a major time sink based on the varying card backs.

Unless you have lazy friends.

I harken back to college days and Killer Bunnies playing and sorting out all those blues, reds, oranges, greens, and even khaki at the end of the night.

Everybody grabbed a chunk and sorted piles in front of them and then we combined the tiny piles into the necessary deckage.

Can't say it ever took more than a few minutes and can't say we weren't particularly not unhigh at times.

(I think I doubled all my negatives appropriately there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.