Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hay
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any special rules concerning CDS units? Are they bound by the normal reinforcement rules of a friendly controlled city not occupied by an enemy unit nor in an enemy ZoC? Does a riot marker alone in a city count as friendly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asbos asbos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started with this game and my friend and me played the sandinista revolution scenario and there are some rules there concerning the CDS units. I dont think riots make a hex friendly nor they remove control of the original owner, they just prevent the usage of the hex as supply source or supply path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson Joslyn
United States
High Point
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have tried to play the fall of Somoza conventional game scenario, and find that it is plagued with difficulties due to the ambiguous status of these CDS units. Can the Somoza government units draw supply from a supply hex that is occupied by a CDS unit? If they cannot, then most of the government forces will quickly be out of supply in this scenario, but again, the rules are not clear. If a Somoza gvnmt unit occupies the same hex with a CDS unit and attacks it, does it also have to attack revolutionary units in adjacent hexes, or only the CDS unit as if it were paradropped? Really could use some solid errata on these points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Topolski
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
I play the CDS units as stated in the scenario rules as preventing supply path/source from he city. If alone in the hex they would change control of the hex but otherwise they contest it with the Samocistas. The supply problem for the regime is severe so it is necessary to attack these militia type units as soon as possible. If co-located I think it is best to treat the regime forces as paradropped and you do not have to attack adjacent enemy forces outside the city if you don't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.