Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to tell people something about Richard James, he's "the owner, lead designer and producer at Evertide Games." (His page on this website.) He is also the designer of Mr. Card Game.

Richard created a Kickstarter for the Goblins: Alternate Reality game, based on the Goblins webcomic, which was funded and received $182,000, with Tarol Hunt, the creator of the webcomic. Well, now he's disappeared; Tarol has lost contact with him and the backers haven't heard from him in over a year. Tarol has been targeted with a lot of anger over something which isn't really his fault, and on top of that Evertide still has a website where you can order Goblins merchandise that will presumably never be made.

I would ask you not to purchase this game or any other game he is involved in until he explains himself and makes things right with Tarol and the backers. We shouldn't be putting money in his pocket; he needs to be held accountable. I apologize to other people involved in his projects. I imagine you can sympathize with Tarol.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you will consider this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.