Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Massilia» Forums » Rules

Subject: 10 rules to remember that helped us play right (Quined 2014 rulebook) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Only six goods allowed per stand.

2. Don't forget to rotate the price tiles clockwise each round (step 1).

3. If you close an empty stall with the Consul, you may immediately open your own stall for 5 Sesterces if you wish.

4. When opening a new stall you may move any of your goods from your other tiles TO that new stall (limit of 6).

5. You can't close a player's only empty last stall.

6. There are only 12 spaces on which you may build stalls (3 in each coerner).

7. Selling neutral goods alone to clients does not earn reputation.

8. Clients only buy from your stalls on your turn.

9. You may not play divinity cards in the turn/action it's drawn. It could however be played later in the same round.

10. You may pay the Consul's tax with Sesterces and/or goods returned in any combination.

One card item of note: MINERVA in the English and Feench rules state "You may modify the value of a die without taking a penalty token?" In the German and Dutch rules it states "The player may modify the die value by 1 without taking a penalty." In other words, the standard die modification rules apply to MINERVA (Modify a die up or down one, or turn a 6 into a 1 and vice versa. You can't just make a die any value you like.)

FWIW, I think this game Rocks! It's a gamer's game and IMHO, not family friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
So what would be the proper way to play Minerva?

The game is French so you would think the French rules would have it right. It also seems the French rules were the only ones that didn't have a translator.

However, the publisher is Dutch so maybe the Dutch rules are right.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of the language, playing it any other way than I've mentioned would in my opinion break the card by making it too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geraint & Rhyannon
Wales
Briton Ferry
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
So what would be the proper way to play Minerva?

The game is French so you would think the French rules would have it right. It also seems the French rules were the only ones that didn't have a translator.

However, the publisher is Dutch so maybe the Dutch rules are right.

Any thoughts?

There is an example given in the English rule book of a player using a Minerva card to change a 3 into a 1, so looks like it's any value. I agree that seems rather OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how are you guys playing the game? With the old or the new rules? A lot of other gods also differ in execution from one version of the rules to the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.