Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I'm curious about these two games, primarily for solo play. I borrowed Glass Road from a friend and enjoyed it well enough solo. I liked the engine building piece (limited though it is) & trying to find synergies between the buildings I purchased. I also like that the game plays relatively quick. It has that "just one more game" feel to it.

I've never played Imperial Settlers but have watched a few play-through videos. It seems to provide a lot of the same things I liked in Glass Road... and it provides a campaign scenario that might be interesting.

Poll
Which game do you prefer to play solo?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Glass Road
45.0% 9
Imperial Settlers
55.0% 11
Voters 20
This poll is now closed.   20 answers
Poll created by bigeeh
Closes: Thu May 28, 2015 6:00 am

I'll probably play this game mostly solo, but I also play 2-player games with my daughter and 3+ player games with my game group. Which of these games do you prefer with more than one player?

Poll
Which game to you prefer to play with others?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Glass Road
52.4% 11
Imperial settlers
47.6% 10
Voters 21
This poll is now closed.   21 answers
Poll created by bigeeh
Closes: Thu May 28, 2015 6:00 am

Thanks for your input. Don't be shy about leaving comments below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glaya B
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a really tough call. Personally, I think Imperial Settlers wins out by a slim margin due to faster setup time and easier-to-explain rules. They're both really good, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Henning
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glass road benefits more from multiplayers, but if you are interested in solo Id go Imperial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played Glass Road, but like yourself I have watched videos of Imperial Settlers.

I’d say that Glass Road was the better 2p game, but after that is hard to say without actually playing Imperial Settlers. I’d say that your consideration is more about whether you prefer the direct confrontation of Imperial or the ‘softer’ interactions of Glass Road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamer Morad

Pasadena
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played both games:
And would say if your going be playing with the same group of people I would highly recommend Imperial Settlers as it gets better the more you play it and you begin to learn the strengths and weakness of the civs. This is especially true if you like making combo chains and have features unique to each player...

But if you are going to continually be introducing people to a game or not playing it very often than I would say go with Glass Road as it, is a bit more accessible at the surface level, because the needs, strengths, and weakness of each are not so apparent in Imperial Settlers.

Not to say Glass long does not have any longevity or depth as it does and it is one of the few games that ties together 3 mechanics (role selection, resource management, tile building) well in such a short play time. For me though there are a lot of other games I reach for instead of Glass Road when I want this type of economic game.

Edit: Text Spacing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments & participation in the poll. It seems I won't go wrong with either game, and since a friend owns Glass Road I may go with Imperial Settlers.

Again, the input you all provide on this site is fantastic. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.