Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope this doesn't offend the talented painters out there. For many reasons I am only able to spray paint my figurines. Using only one color of paint, what color would you choose for the pieces? I already did spiders matte black and I'm very happy.
Thanks for taking your time to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely that wouldn't offend painters, talented or otherwise - it's your game, after all!

I suppose it depends what kind of look you want, what shades of spray paint you have etc, but a no-brainer would be blue for the Night Terrors and red for the Slashers, possibly green for the Hellbats?

Alternatively, if you're happy with black for the spiders, why not go with that for everything else?

Whatever you end up doing, I hope it's an awesome gaming experience for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sepia would be cool for every one, like oldtime yellow.
Otherwise, grey for the big monsters, white for the heroes, like b&w tv show.

Below is optional:
Now, if I could presuade you to do a wash on the that would be super awesome and just as easy as point and spray. Plenty of instructional videos out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sepia sounds like a cool idea - I was also thinking a pinky fleshtone for something like the Harbinger, as I personally find it a bit freaky when monsters have that look. But this is all my own opinion, and I have no idea what sort of range of colours are available in spray cans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those both sound indredible. Now I'm off to hunt for a sepia tone spray paint!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try giving it a base coat with a primary color and then spray with a lighter shade of the same color or maybe just white from directly above the mini from a distance to give it some highlighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
Now, if I could presuade you to do a wash on the that would be super awesome and just as easy as point and spray. Plenty of instructional videos out there.

eracer68 wrote:
You could try giving it a base coat with a primary color and then spray with a lighter shade of the same color or maybe just white from directly above the mini from a distance to give it some highlighting.

These are both great suggestions. You would be surprised how much detail you can bring out with a wash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenithal priming (sort of):
1. Completely spray in black.
2. Highlight spray in base coat color.
3. Wash.

Best part is that if you do pick up painting, you can continue where you left off.

Frex, Here's Army Painter's green Quickshade Ink (eye dropper) wash on their Necrotic Flesh (green) color primer on top of black:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.