Subject: Latest official word on release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Richardson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the latest word from Uwe? Seems like it's been a while since we've seen anything official here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

But...

Then try to...

Seriously though I just try to forget it exists out there somewhere. Maybe one day it will show up and I'll be surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john matthews

Oregon
msg tools
Why don't you ask on their FaceBook page? They seem to answer there within hours, typically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We received the second round of print proofs. Box and counters are in the process of being printed. New card samples are being sent to us. We will have both the Solo Expansion and the Firefight Generator Expansion air freighted to us the third week in May. We need to make sure that the quality is 100% before we release the remaining thousands of games for ocean freight shipments to Europe and the USA.

I just received the final proofs for Storms of Steel 2nd Ed. Wow...
I will try to post some of these soon.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us uninitiated in the ways of timelines, when would that mean it would be available for purchase in stores? The Solo expansion, to be clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I hope Uwe doesn't answer that last question. I don't want an estimate until the final shipment is on its way to the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan alarcon
Spain
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
We received the second round of print proofs. Box and counters are in the process of being printed. New card samples are being sent to us. We will have both the Solo Expansion and the Firefight Generator Expansion air freighted to us the third week in May. We need to make sure that the quality is 100% before we release the remaining thousands of games for ocean freight shipments to Europe and the USA.

I just received the final proofs for Storms of Steel 2nd Ed. Wow...
I will try to post some of these soon.
Uwe

I didn't know about Storms of Steel 2nd Ed. Will it also be the option to play solo games with Storm of Steel??

I thnink I will include a new entry in my "wish list":D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As described in some other posts, the answer is YES. You can draw cards and have the other side execute orders for all COH games. Possibly for non-COH wargames, too. What you don't have, however, is the mission track, and the mission setups for solo play. The mission track acts as a general guide for what special things can happen during a mission, such as surprise reinforcements, and adds variability to those missions. To use with other games, someone would have to create new mission tracks, which arguably is one of the easier things to do. So I say the answer to your question is definitely YES.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Uwe for the update above.

CoH is climbing my charts of most played games ever (well I only started recording 6 months ago on BGG, but I don't remember a wargame that I played more than this game and A&A miniatures a decade ago.

I simply can't get enough of the game be that solo 2 player, 3 or 4... Incredible but I could play most scenarios 3-4 times and each time have a fresh experience.

In fact I attempted a restart of ASL starter kit again and ... I stopped half way through. More rules is not better really.

In the meantime I acquired the early war Polish expansion and the monster pack and now the swamp map.

I am pleased to see a redone Storm of Steel as I still haven't got it .

Huge fan here

If that solo expansion and firefight creator ever will come out the game could even top my years old World of warcraft mmo experience.

Btw my birthday is on July 7th .......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
CoH is a great game, but stick with the ASLSK too. I'm working my way through them as well and have greatly enjoyed the game once I've figured out the rules. ASLSK 1 really isn't that bad in terms of complexity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demian
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm trying to avoid the vitriol going around on this and remembering that Uwe hears us and wants to make us happy. Called Academy to update to confirm my pre order status, add the firefight generator, update my address and payment last week. The nice lady on the phone said "June" for shipping to customers. The ability to solo play a developer released version of COH on the table makes this my #1 wargame.

Also thinking of picking up a 2nd copy of ATB2 from my FLGS that has been languishing on their shelf for years in case there's an out of print situation coming. While my copy of the 1st edition hasn't been played (I have at least 1 copy of everything COH), very interested in the Storms of Steel 2nd edition mentioned above – anyone else have anything to add on this? Uwe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be printing Storms of Steel 2nd Edition with the Guadalcanal game, so that all can be shipped together at the same time. The new Storms of Steel maps and counters are 100% done and we can post these soon.
Our new website should be done by mid May and will include many pictures.
The 2nd Edition will include new map and counter art, the new box format, some new firefights (including a campaign), and a few new tanks used in the northern attack. We added these tanks, since we plan on posting free northern flank firefights on our webpage.
Otherwise, the 1st and 2nd editions are the same, since the rules have not changed significantly between the two editions. Storms of Steel has been out of print for over 2 years, so that is why we decided to go through the costs of upgrading all artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ek T
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Website updated with Storms of Steel 2nd edition page:

http://academygames.com/games/conflict-of-heroes/storms-of-s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
spektacles wrote:
Website updated with Storms of Steel 2nd edition page:

http://academygames.com/games/conflict-of-heroes/storms-of-s...

Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
We will be printing Storms of Steel 2nd Edition with the Guadalcanal game, so that all can be shipped together at the same time. The new Storms of Steel maps and counters are 100% done and we can post these soon.
Our new website should be done by mid May and will include many pictures.
The 2nd Edition will include new map and counter art, the new box format, some new firefights (including a campaign), and a few new tanks used in the northern attack. We added these tanks, since we plan on posting free northern flank firefights on our webpage.
Otherwise, the 1st and 2nd editions are the same, since the rules have not changed significantly between the two editions. Storms of Steel has been out of print for over 2 years, so that is why we decided to go through the costs of upgrading all artwork.

So for owners of the 1st edition that means?^^
Are the extra counters as an upgrade kit in the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Late Night Gamer
Norway
flag msg tools
http://youtube.com/lnightg
badge
mbmb
Since these are also Russia vs German, will it be possible to use the solo system for AotB for SoS 2nd edition, or is this firefight dependant? What if you combine with the FF generator?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the cards with any edition of CoH, presumably, with the caveat that they may be fine tuned to the theater of AtB. But I'm sure they will work fine. What you will be missing, however, is the script of potential actions that happen during the mission (something fans will no doubt create on their own) and any custom mission setups specifically designed for solo play (hidden units, for example). But overall, I anticipate the system to work well for all CoH games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.