Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Forge War» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions after 1 play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1) Do the market cards reset at the beginning of every round or do the previously non-bought cards stick around?

2) Do the weapons stay with a hero after they successfully complete a quest?

3) can you add a hero to a quest that is unneeded just so that hero can level up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. As soon as the market phase of a round is over, the market cards that were not purchased should be discarded. Then at the start of a new round, the new market cards should be revealed.

2. No, under all circumstances the weapon is removed from an adventurer when the adventurer is returned to your supply or transferred to a new quest.

3. Yes, this is a valid strategy as long as you remember that you can only level up a number of adventurers equal to the number of rows in the quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the rules in front of me this second I will attempt to answer

1. Yes the unused market cards go into the discard pile, so there are new cards each round. Some quests give you access to the discard pile , so that if you were unable or couldn't afford a card during the market phase, you might still be able to get a card you really want.

2. Once a quest is completed all heroes involved lose the resources used that made up their weapon , but retain the weapon blueprint.

3. You can add as many heroes to a quest, yes to level them up, but if I recall correctly the number of legs in a quest determine how many heroes can level up one step, so a quest with only 2 legs, that has 4 heroes on it, only 2 of the heroes can level up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat me to it Isaac, by 5 minutes.I'm glad to I got the rules right myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks Isaac! We played 1+2 wrong then but it was still a very fun game!!! Looking forward to playing the advanced game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Points 1 and 2 have been covered but point 3 needs more clarification.

As has been said, you can only level up as many adventurers as there are legs in the quest. But just as importantly you cannot add an adventurer to a quest without a weapon.

Given the tightness of resources in this game it is questionable whether it is worth even making a copper dagger just to get a level up unless you really do have a surplus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
1. As soon as the market phase of a round is over, the market cards that were not purchased should be discarded. Then at the start of a new round, the new market cards should be revealed.

2. No, under all circumstances the weapon is removed from an adventurer when the adventurer is returned to your supply or transferred to a new quest.

3. Yes, this is a valid strategy as long as you remember that you can only level up a number of adventurers equal to the number of rows in the quest.

Do all of the eligible heroes get the full number of levels available? Or do you take levels available and spread them around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand your question correctly, you only gain 1 level per adventurer per leg. So if a quest has 3 legs, you can level up up to 3 adventurers once each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.