United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitt Crandlemire, designer of Smarty Party! and a personal friend, and his wife Radonna have fallen on some extraordinarily hard times. Any kind words, thoughts, and prayers you can spare for them would be greatly appreciated. You can read more about their unfortunate situation on their gofundme page: http://www.gofundme.com/tb353khc

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sheppard
United States
Bellevue
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing Scott. You're a good friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing this Aldie. I'll spread the word as best I can.

EDIT: This seems like a situation the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund was created for. Any word on whether or not the family has reached out to that organization?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I will spread the word - thank you for bringing this to the communities attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKillShirt wrote:

EDIT: This seems like a situation the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund was created for. Any word on whether or not the family has reached out to that organization?

Thanks Nick... I will contact them and let them know about JVMF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My prayers to Pitt and Radonna for their situation. May they come through this difficult time with a sense of peace.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Aldie. I first met Pitt at Lobster Trap, a game gathering in Boston (and where I think the picture came from). Glad to have the opportunity to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
TheKillShirt wrote:

Thanks Nick... I will contact them and let them know about JVMF.

As someone familiar with the workings of the JVMF, I will chime in with two things:

#1 - This is right up the alley of what the JVMF does, but everyone please continue to support their gofundme campaign as the JVMF has limited funds (and lots of people to help) and can't cover everything they need.

#2 - Please make sure that they apply themselves. The Fund generally requires that requests come directly from those in need and not their (very well-meaning) friends, as friends won't be able to provide all necessary information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
A great guy! Thanks for the pointer to the fund!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan R. Moon
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Hi Chris,

Long time, no see my friend.

I know you aren't trying to be, but your post is a little negative, and I hope it doesn't discourage people from donating. Yes, the fee is a bummer, but I doubt as many people would send money directly to Pitt via PayPal or any other payment method.

As one of Pitt's best friends, I want to thank everyone who has donated already. It is great to be a part of such a wonderful community.

Best Wishes,
Alan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Allen,

Understood. In no way did I mean to discourage anyone from donating -- far, far from it. Thanks for pointing that out.

--Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So sad. We really enjoy Smarty Party. I hope things start looking up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! Has your friend Pitt thought about Chapter 13 bankruptcy? We did that to save our house from foreclosure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to help, but I would prefer something through PayPal. I don't know the contents of Chris' original comments, but I'm guessing my concerns are similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sheppard
United States
Bellevue
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've never had the opportunity to play Smarty Party! Is it the kind of game that could have a buy-in tournament to raise money? Perhaps at BGG.Fam?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
ekted wrote:
I'd like to help, but I would prefer something through PayPal. I don't know the contents of Chris' original comments, but I'm guessing my concerns are similar.

Accepting donations via PayPal can be problematic; PayPal will sometimes freeze an account if it gets lots of money from a lot of different people in a short time period. I assume Radonna knows what she's doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
ekted wrote:

Accepting donations via PayPal can be problematic; PayPal will sometimes freeze an account if it gets lots of money from a lot of different people in a short time period. I assume Radonna knows what she's doing.

This is very true. It happened to me. You are able to get your account unfrozen, but it is inconvenient - especially if people are actively trying to donate to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that he passed away last evening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's true then I hope it was quick and painless and his family remembers the best of him with loving fondness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to have been quick, in that home hospice had barely started. Many have said to play a game in his memory and have fun doing so, as he wanted no memorial service but would prefer to be remembered playing games.

Very sad days indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is the best game to take and introduce to my gaming group this week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.