Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Solo» Forums » Sessions

Subject: So near and yet so far... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've just played my first three games of SOLO, all against my eleven year old daughter (as a reward for doing a particularly nasty piece of homework, as it goes). I figured "I'll let her win the first one, then we'll play a little more competatively". Nice idea...

To cut things down to the nub, she beat me three times in a row - with some nasty "change colour" followed by "swap cards" combinations. While this was going on, I was busy getting rid of "change direction" cards, which I now realise was a mistake, as it's the points on the cards that count at the end of the game.

Do I enjoy losing? No.

Did I enjoy losing this game three times? No.

Did I have fun? Yes, as it goes, it was fun, thought I'd have preferred to win one game.

Did my daughter enjoy it? Undoubtedly - this story will rear it'd head again, probably later tonight, tomorrow, for the rest of the week and at Christmas, whenever we play game.

Would we play this again? For sure, and next time, we'll rope my wife in and I might be able to draw for last place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.