Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » VIC (Melbourne)

Subject: New Officeworks Parcel Delivery Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Adams
Australia
Mount Waverley
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More information here: http://www.officeworks.com.au/mailman/mailman-help/faqs

Perhaps someone with more experience when it comes to shipping games can do a quick comparison with AusPost? I HEAR it's cheaper... but you have to drop your parcel to Officeworks (and it's then delivered by Fastway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
mbmbmbmbmb
Colour me interested.
You would want to hope that your recipient lives near an Officeworks though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Officeworks Parcel Delivery Service - comparison
Using AusPost standard boxes Bx4 (43.0 x 30.5 x 14.0) and Bx5 (40.5 x 30.0 x 25.5) for comparison.

Send via Auspost: (2 day MEL-SYD)
Bx4 5kg $18.35
Bx4 10kg $23.85
Bx5 5kg $21.65
Bx5 10kg $23.85

Send via OfficeWorks (Fastway) (Next Day)
Bx4 5kg $15.00
Bx4 10kg $20.00
Bx5 5kg $20.00
Bx5 10kg $20.00

Bx4 fits 1 copy Ticket to Ride, Bx5 fits 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:
Using AusPost standard boxes Bx4 (43.0 x 30.5 x 14.0) and Bx5 (40.5 x 30.0 x 25.5) for comparison.

Send via Auspost: (2 day MEL-SYD)
Bx4 5kg $18.35
Bx4 10kg $23.85
Bx5 5kg $21.65
Bx5 10kg $23.85

Send via OfficeWorks (Fastway) (Next Day)
Bx4 5kg $15.00
Bx4 10kg $20.00
Bx5 5kg $20.00
Bx5 10kg $20.00

Bx4 fits 1 copy Ticket to Ride, Bx5 fits 3.

Well done Mr Know-it-all. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting for me, having just posted something to WA today for $40 & it would've been $15 via this method.

I am curious though. How good are Fastway couriers if no-one is home? I don't want to ruin a good relationship with customers over poor performing couriers. I have had so many troubles receiving courier delivered items from eBay. Almost everything was a drama. Even when I was home I'd get a note saying nobody was there.

Any experiences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
This is interesting for me, having just posted something to WA today for $40 & it would've been $15 via this method.

I am curious though. How good are Fastway couriers if no-one is home? I don't want to ruin a good relationship with customers over poor performing couriers. I have had so many troubles receiving courier delivered items from eBay. Almost everything was a drama. Even when I was home I'd get a note saying nobody was there.

Any experiences?

According to the FAQ you need to specify signature on delivery, or the courier will just leave it on the doorstep.
Don't know anything about Fastway though, according to this website http://www.productreview.com.au/p/fastway.html they have a rating of 1.3 out of 5 with 788 reviews. Of course people with bad experiences are more likely to leave comments but still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Any experiences?
Having used FastWay commercially, they are a cost effective budget service with local services performed by franchisees. Packing and padding given their manner would be imperative. As to loss, no worse than competitors, given AusPost are currently reporting on average 25,000 packages daily misdirected even with their new systems.

For us ordinary folk, the barrier to entry for FastWay is that we need to buy books of labels with significant minimum quantities. By attaching themselves to OfficeWorks, it makes their services available at a premium, though at significant discount to current AusPost rates. Fastway Direct rates for business will be even more competence and worthwhile speaking to them about your business requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
Australia
Mount Waverley
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
petegs wrote:
Colour me interested.
You would want to hope that your recipient lives near an Officeworks though.
You're only required to SEND through an Officeworks. The courier will deliver to the address on the label.

The issue I have is the same as Julian.. I'm currently using an AusPost parcel locker and it works brilliantly (although you have 48 hours to pick your parcel up before it returns back to the post office).

Thanks Sol.. it seems it's not all that much cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally some competition for Oz post...
I will try them on my next post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Australia
Nedlands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good find! Now who wants to trade... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can see on their website, it is possible to buy one at a time. However, I also see they do cubing, which is what makes AusPost so expensive.

Mailman prices are 20cm x 10cm x 10cm x 250 = 5kg irrespective of the parcel actually being lighter. I don't know if Sol's calculations above took this into account.

I might stick to AusPost, except for WA/NT where it genuinely seems so much cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
I don't know if Sol's calculations above took this into account.
The calculations I provided were done using the calculator on the OfficeWorks website with parameters as specified. It's why the Bx5 is rated at the same price for 5kg and 10kg.

FastWay conversions for cubic measurement, last time I checked were at 167 rather than the industry standard 250. Fastway weight limit is 25kg with extra labels required for each additional 5kg blocks. Both FastWay and OfficeWorks do not deliver to P.O. Boxes or parcel lockers. OfficeWorks is limiting parcel dimensions to 50cm in any dimension and 10kg. The same pricing is being offered by OfficeWorks irrespective of location, whereas FastWay will price regional areas and non mainland eastern seaboard capitals differently.

If you are going to prepurchase FastWay labels, required in quantity, then contact them directly for their accurate pricing regime.

The only reason for costing OfficeWorks with standard sizes was to illustrate the benefits achievable. For me, they are 500m from home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.