Iliad» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is the number of cards in a players hand public knowledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theodore Balas

Kallithea
Athens
msg tools
Our Tiger! She drinks fuel like it's beer!
badge
Ha! They're scratching your paint job Helmut!
mbmbmbmb
I don't think this topic arises in the manual.

I only found the following:
a) The cards are always placed in such a way as to be visible to all players; but this sentence is under Place a card from hand unto the table.
b) Each player takes these cards into her hand without showing them to her opponents, under Setup; but this most likely means that you can't/don't-have-to show your opponent your cards, not that their number could/should be kept secret (after a siege ends and people start losing track of how many cards are in each players hand) although it could be interpreted that way...

Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
number of cards open information.so they can see if they feel lucky to continue or pass. like poker you know the number of cards but you dont know what he have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Balas

Kallithea
Athens
msg tools
Our Tiger! She drinks fuel like it's beer!
badge
Ha! They're scratching your paint job Helmut!
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the answer; I guessed so since hiding them leads to people spending less time thinking over their strategies and more time trying to remember the number of cards each person played; but a fog of war isn't always a bad thing, especially if you don't bother remembering who played what!

Is that mentioned somewhere in the manual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.