Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Wolf
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Playing as Germany, I broke the Soviet line in the Tournament Scenario. My Allied opponent, struggling in Africa and seeing his eastern front crumble, decided to abandon the British-Soviet lend-lease to stock up for an early D-Day. He launched two amphibious assaults, one of which was immediately repulsed, one of which successfully created a beachhead in Brittany.

I decided to strat move 7 new units from Germany to Paris, which was next to the beachhead, then used a Special Action token to Breakthrough Move them into the existing battle by the beachhead, and used another Special Action to initiate combat there, obliterating the British forces there.

Was this a legal move? My gut says I shouldn't be able to use a unit that I strategically moved anywhere for anything else that turn, but I couldn't find anything in the rules saying otherwise. Did I miss something, or was my opponent pretty much screwed no matter what, considering I didn't need to keep feeding more troops into Russia that turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that was a legal move, and is the main reason the Wallies do not invade Europe unless they can

1) bring in a large follow-on 2nd wave the same turn

2) they have bombed German strat-moves into oblivion

and/or

3) it's Sep/Oct and they can rely on the weather to help them defend the beachhead next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And as the next step, you could now use a 4th special action (assuming you have one) to pick those 7 blocks back up and strat move them right back to Russia!

I have been on the receiving end of that a time or two. OUCH...

Wait for those bombers WAllies, and send those WERPS to Russia!

An avid Russian player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wolf
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, we forgot about the bombers knocking out strat moves (my opponent hadn't played before and neglected to read the rules beforehand... sigh...), but that makes sense. I don't think he would have been able to pull it off, regardless, as I had an extra SA I could have used for strat movement.

My opponent conceded after failing his invasion, as I had taken Moscow, Stalingrad and Baku.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.