Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only "rule book" I could find is one of the equipment cards that says High Noon Rules 2 - 6 Players. I've read in another thread that there are additional rules for 2 players concerning duels, like the ability of a person being able to refuse the challenge, and also challenging someone who is not actually in the town you are in. Am I missing that rule book, or is the equipment card the "rules" that come in this expansion? Does this mean there are really only 9 new equipment cards to add to the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Justin,

Nope everything rules wise is on that small hight noon card (including 2p rules)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Mr.B. So, just for clarification in regards to the other post with additional information for duels in 2-player games (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16100527#16100527): When playing with 3+ players, do you still play where one player goes to a town and challenges another player to a duel, no matter where they are the map, or do both players have to be in the town in order to challenge for a duel? Is the restriction of only dueling in towns also for 3+ games? The reason I ask is that the card in the Gambler expansion states 2 - 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Justin,

The Gambler Expansion adds the ability to play up to 6 players (core game allows only 3-5 players)

The Gambler Expansion also adds the ability to play with 2 (High Noon)

High Noon rules can be played with any number of players, but was designed for 2.

The Gambler Expansions is listed as 2-6 players, because, when combined with your core game, now you can!

In the core game (Spurs) for 3 players, you would duel as normal (to clarify, in your post I believe you are understanding duels wrong). In the base game you can move to ANY space on the map where an opponent is and challenge them to a duel.

The town restriction is only when using High Noon rules (for 2 - but some folks love playing High Noon with 3 and 4!)

Hope this helps clarify!

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks for the clarification. Getting my Poncho and Cowboy hat ready for some dueling this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.