GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,403 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dungeon Petz: Dark Alleys» Forums » General

Subject: Worth it for parts only? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,

I'm not really interested in the added complexity - the new board, the business, etc. But I definitely want to get my hands on the additional pets, cages, upgrades, exhibitions and customers.

What do you guys think - is it worth the price for only the extra bits that integrate seamlessly into the base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is, it's how I use it.
More pets = more fun.
I'm not put off by the added complexity of the extra stuff ( it's negligible) , I just personally think the game play is not enhanced by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evaldas
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pets alone are worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hound wrote:

Hi all,

I'm not really interested in the added complexity - the new board, the business, etc. But I definitely want to get my hands on the additional pets, cages, upgrades, exhibitions and customers.

What do you guys think - is it worth the price for only the extra bits that integrate seamlessly into the base?

I played it that way for a good while. I finally did add the actual Dark Alleys to a game or two, and while it's nice, it's also not really needed. It makes the game easier, but also more complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the pets more complex and complicated than the new board. I actually find the new board quite straight forward. The new cages, upgrades and exhibition and easy to plug in.

Would I buy it for just the pets, cages, upgrades, exhibition and customers? Probably not.

This expansion I am very conflicted about, because while I think is great, I don't think the base game needed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.