Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone considered reducing the luck inherent in the Dojo draw by putting out 4 cards to choose from, instead of 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't but I think it is a pretty good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, luck control is already there in skill tiles. If you also get to choose cards, it might too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gorondil wrote:
Usually, luck control is already there in skill tiles. If you also get to choose cards, it might too much.

That's a good point - I have not played the game enough to know if this a "tipping" issue.

I think might then try my original idea, which is allow you to draw (unseen) from the draw deck in place of any draw from the face-up set. This is a similar mechanic to "Ticket to Ride" and "China" and at least allows for some element of choice. ("Will Fate guide my Destiny" and all that )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, you aren't allowed to do that already? Ooops...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Sulik
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
gorondil wrote:

That's a good point - I have not played the game enough to know if this a "tipping" issue.

I think might then try my original idea, which is allow you to draw (unseen) from the draw deck in place of any draw from the face-up set. This is a similar mechanic to "Ticket to Ride" and "China" and at least allows for some element of choice. ("Will Fate guide my Destiny" and all that )

Rulebook page 3: "...take dojo cards in any combination from the face up cards or the draw pile."

Looks like it's already in the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.