Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Wrath of the Righteous – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Gotta get 'em all! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there was an "all-in" option for this game. Something where you pre-pay for the base set and all the chapters (for a small discount?) and the chapters automatically ship out a day or two early for dedicated fans. I know I could just pre-order everything, but a complete edition from Paizo could come with promo cards or some other small goodie and encourage more people to order straight from their shop.

I think kickstarters have spoiled me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They DO have a subscription service and you get a discount and promos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can subscribe to Paizo, and get pretty much that. They send the new decks out as they come (sometimes earlier than I could have bought them in the UK), and they add a promo card (or in fact 2 for Skull and Shackles). We even got a fab Paizo Christmas card with the December pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I'm doing it right now, I had no idea! I'm new to PACG. I just ordered the entire S&S arrrh set after pledging Apocrypha zombie on KS and I want WotR (they need a dragon emoticon) too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, since you are international, you might want to consider starting your subscription with the Character Add-on Deck. You'll get all the promos still, but save cost on shipping the base set, assuming you can pick that up locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the subscription, will the character add-on deck ship automatically or do I need to get it separately?

Gotta get some GG to add a PACG badge...I'm officially addicted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The character add-on is part of the subscription. When you signed up, you should have chosen which product to start with, either character add-on or base set with the character add-on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it was. I selected WotR base set as the start point and saw the character add-on right below it, but the first shipment only lists the base set. If they both release at the same time, it would be nice if they shipped together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
While you're looking over PACG don't forget the Adventure Guides for Rise of the Runelords and Skull & Shackles:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/106306/rise-runelords-...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/107542/skull-shackles-...

There's also full character biographies and descriptions of Golarion's Gods:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115840/pacg-meet-iconi...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116533/pacg-golarion-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to have stumbled onto a great community here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I seem to have stumbled onto a great community here...

One of us! One of us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doesn't this end up being way more expensive tho? All you get is a 20% discount and that doesn't come close to paying for the shipping. I can get 40% off and free shipping if I use an online game store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Doesn't this end up being way more expensive tho? All you get is a 20% discount and that doesn't come close to paying for the shipping. I can get 40% off and free shipping if I use an online game store.

Maybe, but Paizo and Lone Shark have really treated me well and earned my business. For me, the quality of the company outweighs saving a few bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

Maybe, but Paizo and Lone Shark have really treated me well and earned my business. For me, the quality of the company outweighs saving a few bucks.

Except it's not "a few". 20$ easy on the main set, 5$ per expansion and then 5$ each on shipping. That's like 70$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

Except it's not "a few". 20$ easy on the main set, 5$ per expansion and then 5$ each on shipping. That's like 70$.

The 20% off offsets the cost of shipping, almost exactly (at least in the US). So it's the same price as if I would have picked it up in my FLGS. Base set is $60, 6 additional chapters each (including add-on pack, since Chapter 1 is included in the base box), for an additional 20 a piece, total of $180, so 40% off is actually $72. But note that the release cycle is about 9 months, so we're looking at about $8 a month difference, or a latte and a half from Starbucks.

The question is whether that $72 is worth the security of knowing that you will definitely get the same printing of everything, and all of the promos, usually before street date. Also, the $72 amount presupposes that you can actually find it for that cheaper price.

For me, the convenience of not having to track down which packs have been released, and spending time to find them at an online store and wait for it to be 40% off is worth potentially forgoing a cup of coffee or two a month. But then I've got a pretty good chunk of disposable income, and not a whole lot of spare time to search out sales. And of course, the fact that I do appreciate the customer service of Paizo factors into my decision. But, if you've got less disposable income or just have more time to find online stores with stock at the price you want to pay (or are more internet savvy than I am), then it may not make sense to subscribe. I don't think there's a right answer for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

Got another example of this when I got my shipment notification. I had ordered Reaper minis of all the WotR characters separately. Customer service saw what I did, sent me a quick email, and then combined the order with my subscription. It pushed the order total over $100, which then allowed them to knock $10 off of shipping. So instead of two separate shipping charges, I get 1 delivery at 50% off. All without asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McCord
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Literally my favorite website in the history of humankind. Go team!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryker1979 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

The 20% off offsets the cost of shipping, almost exactly (at least in the US). So it's the same price as if I would have picked it up in my FLGS. Base set is $60, 6 additional chapters each (including add-on pack, since Chapter 1 is included in the base box), for an additional 20 a piece, total of $180, so 40% off is actually $72. But note that the release cycle is about 9 months, so we're looking at about $8 a month difference, or a latte and a half from Starbucks.

The question is whether that $72 is worth the security of knowing that you will definitely get the same printing of everything, and all of the promos, usually before street date. Also, the $72 amount presupposes that you can actually find it for that cheaper price.

For me, the convenience of not having to track down which packs have been released, and spending time to find them at an online store and wait for it to be 40% off is worth potentially forgoing a cup of coffee or two a month. But then I've got a pretty good chunk of disposable income, and not a whole lot of spare time to search out sales. And of course, the fact that I do appreciate the customer service of Paizo factors into my decision. But, if you've got less disposable income or just have more time to find online stores with stock at the price you want to pay (or are more internet savvy than I am), then it may not make sense to subscribe. I don't think there's a right answer for everyone.

I gotta second this. Just got off the phone with Diego, the customer service rep at Paizo, and that guy had to be the nicest representative I've ever called. These guys really care about their customer base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Belt
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickmccord wrote:
I gotta second this. Just got off the phone with Diego, the customer service rep at Paizo, and that guy had to be the nicest representative I've ever called. These guys really care about their customer base.

They have an amazing customer service group at Paizo. I've dealt with them a couple times with a few issues here and there. They've always responded fast, corrected the problem without any hassle, and treated me great. They are top notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribe
The customer service is great. The promos that come with the subscription are great, and if you don't care about them at all, you can probably offset the price of the game with them either now or in the future.

IMO the only way to buy this game is directly from Paizo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree i would love a all in one box set. You pay one price and get the full adventure in one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
i agree i would love a all in one box set. You pay one price and get the full adventure in one box.

When I bought Skull & Shackles, it did all arrive in a single shipment. So, in a way, you can get a full adventure in one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.