Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sale until Dec.2nd at FineGames.com

It takes a bit of work to figure this out, but they have 2 sections of games: Category 1 and Category 2. The best deal is where you order only from Category 2: Buy 4 games you get 2 free; order 5 you get 3 free; order 6 you get 4 free. Cheapest games free. They do charge for shipping but the only way to find out the amount--because you don't order online--is to email the owner.

Deals may be even better with what they mostly have (I'd say 80% is wargames) but for Euro gamers here's an example:
Buy these
Tigris & Euphr 37
Dos Rios 36
Carcasn The City 36
Return of Heroes 36
Junta 35
Ticket to RideEu 33

and get free
Mesopotamia 32
Alexander the Gr 32
Australia 30
Bootleggers 28

That's $213, plus say $17 shipping (I'm totally guessing), so 10 games for $230.

For some of you it may be worth putting together a sample order and emailing to find out how much the shipping would be.

Please note I don't know anything about this company so I can't vouch for their service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I'm not ordering this year, I've ordered from this holiday sale the last two years (and I've ordered other things as well) - and I've no complaints about the service, etc.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ballinger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can vouch for the service at Finegames. I ordered games during the year, and also did last year's buy/get free deal.

He ships quickly, packs well, and the year-end deal works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
More information:

Annual Clearance Sale for 2006

We announced our Annual Clearance Sale http://finegames.com/text/finegames_2006_clearance.pdf (1mb PDF) to our subscribers on Sunday, 12 November. This is our biggest sale each year, and this year we've gone all out, putting over 20% of our total inventory on sale. Its first come, first served, and all sorts of stuff flies out of here in the last few weeks of the year. Help yourself to any of the many items available at special prices. In doing so, you'll help us to keep our inventory of games properly balanced to reflect what you're most interested in.

As in the past, this year's Annual Clearance Sale is in two rounds. The first gives you up to four free games when you buy as few as two games. For example, buy 2 games from the many in our "Category 2" and get one more game from the same category for FREE! And you can take as many games as you want under this offer.

Round 2 follows in December. All the Category 2 items left -- and there will be hundreds -- will be discounted to move 'em out to new homes. Stop back then for more reasons to take these games home with you for the holidays.

Our Clearance Catalog is available as a 1mb Acrobat PDF file, or as a 6mb HTML web page... http://finegames.com/text/finegames_2006_clearance.htm

Their homepage: http://finegames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says that subscribers are eligible for this sale. If we have yet to order from fine games can we stll take advantage of this sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janna Nelson
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their shipping page says they charge a flat rate of $10 for US shipments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but they also say there is a $1.50 surcharge for certain heavier items (those with an LB or a * next to their code), so be aware of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just placed my first order with them yesterday. I had actually discovered the site recently in my search for a recently OOP MMP OCS (haha!) game called Korea: The Forgotten War. While none of the titles on special caught my eye, I did receive a first purchase discount on one of the items on my order (something else to check out).

While the site is a bit awkward to navigate, they have excellent prices and once I placed my order with several questions I received a very fast and polite reply from Michael Dean and within an hour my games were ordered and shipped. Michael even made sure I was aware of the shipping delay due to UPS being shut down for the holidays which was nice (normally the order would have gotten here this week).

I plan to do business with them in the future due to this wonderful experience and the fact they carry items I like and find difficult to find elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.