Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Killoran
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a few ratings comments from BGGers indicate problems with this game's main feature, the card-shooter-outer thing. Players should be aware that proper care of the machine will ensure that it works as intended for years. Every time you break out this game, you should:

Install the batteries. This implies that you removed the batteries after the last game. Battery life has averaged about one year for me, no matter how many or few times we play during that year. Granted, this is not a game we play all the time.

Condition the feed rollers. Anybody old enough to remember typewriters knows that rubber rollers become hard and shiny after awhile, reducing their ability to grip paper or cards. Use a Q-tip or a tissue to apply rubbing alcohol to the rollers before each game session. Recently I was not motivated enough to go to the medicine cabinet for the rubbing alcohol, so I just dipped my finger into a nearby glass of whiskey and rubbed it onto the rollers. It worked OK.

Play with a two-deck limit. Allow only one re-shuffle after the initial deck is depleted. As soon as the machine "tries" to shoot but cannot because it is empty, end the round immediately and total player points. This prevents excessive game time, and adds a bit to the hand management element to the game as players must choose between bashing the leader and dumping points from their own hand as the second deck nears completion. Hey, it gives you something to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.