Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Wong
United States
Marlboro
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I'm just making this up, but I thought I read a rule that when you seal a gate, it means no more monsters can appear at that location.

1) Is this true?
2) Do monsters at that location when you seal it, get returned to the cup, if they don't share the same symbol as the gate? I have an image of monsters being sucked back through the gate as you seal it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"no more monsters can appear at that location", true, but monster roaming there with different symbol will remain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Wong
United States
Marlboro
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Will it cancel an event at that location that says "A monster appears"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, to the best of my recollection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, if an event states "a monster appears" it appears, only mythos gates monsters will cease to appear. The event monsters will disappear after the event, or to your hand or to the cup.
I cant remember well the locations stated, but some mythos cards besides the portal monster, a second place where monsters appear, the second place will receive monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters simply can't appear at Sealed locations.
Richard Launius has a house rule that when you close a gate all monsters at that location are drawn back through with it . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.