Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Negation of Path of Woses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking about this card as I almost lost a game to it and won a FPMV with it vs an opponent single-handedly due to this card. It states that the Rohan based army must go to a region adjacent to MT if MT is under siege. Does this mean if MT is taken that they can't take the Path? Also, could you completely negate this card as the SP by placing a regular in Druadan Forest, Osgiliath and Lossarnach while your siege took place? That would mean there is no adjacent territory to MT available and therefore Path of the Woses couldn't be fulfilled. Is this correct?

Thanks for reading.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
umrmeche wrote:
Does this mean if MT is taken that they can't take the Path?

No. The Army can still move adjacent to Minas Tirith if it is controlled by the Shadow.

umrmeche wrote:
Also, could you completely negate this card as the SP by placing a regular in Druadan Forest, Osgiliath and Lossarnach while your siege took place? That would mean there is no adjacent territory to MT available and therefore Path of the Woses couldn't be fulfilled. Is this correct?

Yes.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really have to disagree with that first conclusion.

The WotR cards are usually resolved quite literally
and this card specifically states:

"If Minas Tirith is under siege,
move the Army to a free region adjacent
to Minas Tirith instead."

The card means what it says.

No siege means no move. I just don't see any
other interpretation, unless it was specifically
addressed by the designer somewhere.

Did you get your interpretation from the designer?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the latest printing, the card says:

Quote:
If Minas Tirith is under siege or is controlled by the Shadow player, move the Army to a region adjacent to Minas Tirith instead. The destination region must be free for the purposes of army movement.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Constantinople wrote:
I really have to disagree with that first conclusion.

The WotR cards are usually resolved quite literally
and this card specifically states:

"If Minas Tirith is under siege,
move the Army to a free region adjacent
to Minas Tirith instead."

The card means what it says.

No siege means no move. I just don't see any
other interpretation, unless it was specifically
addressed by the designer somewhere.

Did you get your interpretation from the designer?


If the Rohan Nation is "at War" is the trigger statement. Not If Minis Tirith is under siege. That is just a clarification.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For his kind of things it would be handy if there was a list with the text of the latest print of all cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, did not think about the online client.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.