GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,484 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

504» Forums » General

Subject: What are the five goods? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sophia Lechner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FF's geeklist says that there are five types of goods, which are used for the pick-up-and-deliver module and for the production module.

Do any playtesters recall what those goods are, exactly? I'm thinking about Stonemaier's "Treasure Chests" and wondering which ones (the one in print and/or the three new ones on KS) would be needed to cover it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's a Friese, so the 5 goods are probably tennis balls, limes, green M&Ms, granny smith apples, and turtles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophia Lechner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Well, it's a Friese, so the 5 goods are probably tennis balls, limes, green M&Ms, granny smith apples, and turtles.

Now that's innovation...too often designers try to make their games color-blind friendly in all the usual boring ways...icons and symbols and all that nonsense. It's good to see some of the lessons from "Harrison Bergeron" put to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no clue but I have a theory (disclaimer: theories mean nothing) they are probably just different colored cubes but the cubes will mean different things depending on the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Saya
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fans, fedoras, fish, folders, furniture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Alfredsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by the pictures, [geekurl=http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog/post/games-news-200415/]one hereone here[/geekurl], and the fact that one of the modules is based on catan, I'm going to guess: cattle, wood, ore, wheat... stone?

The colors on the tiles are, light green, dark green, dark grey, yellow and light grey. Then there are tan hexes with 4 squares with pictures on them, I think these are cities. The pictures probably represent the resources that the city wants or can ship. I can't make out what the pictures represent though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what the goods look like to me (open the image in its own tab, it is larger than it shows on the page). The goods tiles do have green backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
Café Race is a race game set in a business office. The players take the role of office workers going upstairs to the first floor to get a cup of coffee who then improvise a race while they are going back downstairs… with a cup full of coffee.
badge
Someone you trust is one of us. Fnord. - Ich bin ein Spielfreak, aber ich spiele sehr selten
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this evening: cows, lumber, fish, wheat and rocks. But it was not a final production copy, so this can change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
Bahamas
Nassau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garea37 wrote:
I just played this evening: cows, lumber, fish, wheat and rocks. But it was not a final production copy, so this can change.

What combination of modules did you play, and did you enjoy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
Café Race is a race game set in a business office. The players take the role of office workers going upstairs to the first floor to get a cup of coffee who then improvise a race while they are going back downstairs… with a cup full of coffee.
badge
Someone you trust is one of us. Fnord. - Ich bin ein Spielfreak, aber ich spiele sehr selten
mbmbmbmbmb
Racing, pick and deliver and majories.

The game was fun and I enjoyed it, but It was only a look at the entire system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The goods wouldn't have to be the same for every game. Though if the goods were to have art on them in the final copy, they wouldn't represent more than 2 separate things per color (could be double sided printed tokens). It's probably not important to gameplay for them to always be different, or even to be defined at all. I hope that's not the case, but not a massive deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.