Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard D
Canada
Bonnyville
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... in about 24 mins. with a couple of SGs now revealed ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shall we start a betting pool for what level of stretch goal the Avatar figure will be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got an early bird edition. I didn't even hear about this until a few min before you posted this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard D
Canada
Bonnyville
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An hour in and the first two SGs have been unlocked; looking good ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
About 1500 backers and $100,000 in less than a day, and yet here I sit, wondering what the CMON haters will come up with to dismiss & insult this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My money is on $250K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
About 1500 backers and $100,000 in less than a day, and yet here I sit, wondering what the CMON haters will come up with to dismiss & insult this one.

This is not the CMON project I am I'm looking for. Move along.

In all seriousness I like most things cool mini. But this is just not grabbing me. The gameplay video makes me think the game will be way to long with to much down time, and all in all not very fun. But I do think the kickstarter will do VERY well.

But I am really looking forward to the next Zombiecide (medieval one) so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a castle panic 2.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaygood17 wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

In all seriousness I like most things cool mini. But this is just not grabbing me. The gameplay video makes me think the game will be way to long with to much down time, and all in all not very fun. But I do think the kickstarter will do VERY well.

But I am really looking forward to the next Zombiecide (medieval one) so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

My thoughts exactly. I'm in on Zombicide and The Others:7 Sins, but tower defense just isn't in my wheelhouse. Awesome looking minis, though, even by CMoN's high standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:

I think that's a significant hurdle they have to get by. That was certainly my first reaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lau
Germany
Glinde
flag msg tools
Rather similar to "Carnival Zombies", isn't it????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the game looks like Gears of War's Horde mode, with shades of Ghost Stories and Castle Panic. And that sounds awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Britzel wrote:

Yep. The epic, high octane version. Seems to have more Kickstarter exclusives than Blood Rage. I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
jaygood17 wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I certainly can see that it's not for everyone, and that's cool. It's just that I've grown accustom to the typical backlash from people who apparently still have an axe to grind over everything CMON decides to do. So I was waiting for the "this porridge is too hot! this porridge is too cold!" onslaught.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Mutanto wrote:
Britzel wrote:

Yep. The epic, high octane version. Seems to have more Kickstarter exclusives than Blood Rage. I'm in.

The "Michael Bay" version of castle panic... I can see that.

I just wish there was a bit more interaction between the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jaygood17 wrote:

It's a co-operative game. Depends on the players how much you have interaction with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Mutanto wrote:
jaygood17 wrote:

It's a co-operative game. Depends on the players how much you have interaction with each other.

While what you say IS true, it would be nice if the game had more mechanics to help promote it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The reason why i backed this game was that i noticed that i don't have any tower defence games in my collection. If you don't count stupid Risk: Plants vs. Zombies as a tower defence game.

So i became a backer of this and also Orcs Must Die. It's nice to compare the games which is better when i finally have both of them. Orcs Must Die have also player vs. player variant which is plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Mutanto wrote:
The reason why i backed this game was that i noticed that i don't have any tower defence games in my collection. If you don't count stupid Risk: Plants vs. Zombies as a tower defence game.

So i became a backer of this and also Orcs Must Die. It's nice to compare the games which is better when i finally have both of them. Orcs Must Die have also player vs. player variant which is plus.
I have backed both as well. Gameplay wise Orcs Must Die looks a lot better to me. The extra PvP mode looks fun too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Shall we start a betting pool for what level of stretch goal the Avatar figure will be?

Whatever it is, my bet is it will be the final stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Osborne
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

My opinion about the cmon haters is why are they down on success. Heck I am happy to promote a company that keeps getting more and more followers. I love Zombicide, and if their other projects are even half as good they are ok in my book. Of course I am a huge fan of Ameritrash and miniature gaming and will support a company that has a proven track record
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valairia wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

My opinion about the cmon haters is why are they down on success. Heck I am happy to promote a company that keeps getting more and more followers. I love Zombicide, and if their other projects are even half as good they are ok in my book. Of course I am a huge fan of Ameritrash and miniature gaming and will support a company that has a proven track record

+1 to this. The game still needs to appeal of course.

I like to call it the Call of Duty affect (or is it effect?) its easy to hate on whats popular. Zombie games seem to be the Boardgamer's "Call of Dudy".

Sorry for the way off topic discussion. Can you tell its really slow at work for me today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MEECROB GoHeels wrote:
I have backed both as well. Gameplay wise Orcs Must Die looks a lot better to me. The extra PvP mode looks fun too!

I was very tempted by it, but I couldn't afford buying both versions to get the full thing there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kanand
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Valairia wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I'm really in for CMON, backed two Seasons of Zombicide and Blood Rage. Zombicide is great with some houseruling, Blood Rage is awesome by itself (-> Eric Lang). Will be on board at Black Plague and The Others (-> Eric Lang again) most likely too. But I have to admit that CMON is involved in a lot of game projects with very lightweigt and/or random gameplay. Really don't like B-Sieged because of the heavy randomness in cards drawing and single dice rolling. In addition you get very static heroes and a game that is primarily a mixup of Castle Panic / Dead Panic. I own the last one.

Orcs Must Die on the other side is way more tactical in positioning, upgrading and hero synergies. In addition I want to play the PvP. So I'm happily in for that one. Gameplay beats a higher number of exklusive miniatures, so this decision is an easy one for me. I would recommend to take a look before it ends at least.

Edit: Not to forget, that I can play the Orcs Must Die closed beta in 3 days. One of the digital rewards. Yes I'm happy about that :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaygood17 wrote:

Best description so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.