Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Buy the Rights - The Movie Making Party Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Literally Wizards
msg tools
I've had an idea for a party game for over a year now and I finally started seriously developing it in the last few weeks. It's called Buy The Rights and it's a storytelling/movie-making game. In the past few days I received finalized art from the illustrator I hired and quickly put together an order for prototype cards. I am a web designer/developer by trade so I threw together a simple site and put together a scaled-down, sample print-and-play version.

Front designs:

Back Designs (and example movie)

http://buytherightsgame.com

The game is comprised of four decks: Genre, Hero Descriptor, Hero, and Plot. Each round, one player serves as the Producer, while the other players are the screenwriters. Players create their own movie based on the four decks and then pitch their idea to the Producer. The Producer has to spend $20 Million from the bank and then "Buys the Rights" to their favorite(s), distributing the $20 Million any way they want. The first player to reach $100 Million wins.

I'd love to get some feedback on the game, it's something I've been excited about for months and it's getting very close to being ready.

I get prototype cards in the mail tomorrow and I can't wait, play testing with ugly index cards went much better than expected.

Thanks for reading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.