Popular Tags: [View All]
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Mage Tools, the free, unofficial companion app for Android (previously known as MW Tools) got an update last weekend.

Besides the new material design, as new features the app now lets you:
- choose and cast your spells
- reveal your enchantments while playing
- check your opponents' stats without switching between screens

If you are new to the app:
- it supports phones and tablets (tested with 4 - 10-inch devices) and Android 4.0.3 - 5.1
- all 12 mages
- 1 - 4 players
- keeps a full log of your session (including channeling, all stat changes, movement, cast cards and enchantments)
- includes the codex
- and mage abilities within easy reach during gameplay
- it's completely free

The next planned feature is the book builder. The logic under the hood is done, its UI part is in progress. The planned release for this update is 23rd May.
If you would like to have early access you can join the beta test group. Just drop me a geekmail.

All feedback, feature requests are very welcome from old and new users of the app. And have fun with Mage Wars while using it!

Mage Tools on Play Store

(Disclaimer: I'm the developer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome tools thanks!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Thanks! I'm glad you find it helpful.

A quick update on the book builder feature: development is in progress and in pretty good shape. Life takes more time these days than I expected (moving house yet another time), so the progress is a bit slower but it's moving forward.

Soon(ish)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Noordman
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will there be an iPhone version? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
XGDragon wrote:
Will there be an iPhone version? cry
No, no iOS version is planned. At least not in the foreseeable future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Blumenthal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any progress on the book builder? I have to say, having the codex be more complete than the comprehensive one on the official site is both awesome and saddening for Arcane Wonders.

Edit: scratch that. It appears there is a formatting issue with the most recent comprehensive codex that suggested missing items, at first glance. Also, their codex doesn't include damage type modifiers, which is weird, but at least consistent. Still, shouldn't any comprehensive codex allow you to look up any bolded word on a card? Haven't found one that does that, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
AJzer wrote:
Any progress on the book builder?
There certainly is. However a bit slower than I expected and would like it to be, simply a lot of other things happened lately taking up my free time (I'm looking at you my Essen whislist...).
I hope to release a beta version around end of October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
Mage Tools, the free, unofficial companion app for Android (previously known as MW Tools) got an update last weekend.

Besides the new material design, as new features the app now lets you:
- choose and cast your spells
- reveal your enchantments while playing
- check your opponents' stats without switching between screens

If you are new to the app:
- it supports phones and tablets (tested with 4 - 10-inch devices) and Android 4.0.3 - 5.1
- all 12 mages
- 1 - 4 players
- keeps a full log of your session (including channeling, all stat changes, movement, cast cards and enchantments)
- includes the codex
- and mage abilities within easy reach during gameplay
- it's completely free

The next planned feature is the book builder. The logic under the hood is done, its UI part is in progress. The planned release for this update is 23rd May.
If you would like to have early access you can join the beta test group. Just drop me a geekmail.

All feedback, feature requests are very welcome from old and new users of the app. And have fun with Mage Wars while using it!

Mage Tools on Play Store

(Disclaimer: I'm the developer)

Says its not available in my country (Sweden).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
MuRRe wrote:
Says its not available in my country (Sweden).
I removed the app from the play store about a month ago.
It was a hard decision but
1) I don't really play Mage Wars anymore. Even though I was nearly done with a complete redesign and lots of usability improvements, it would have been lots of extra effort (time and/or money) for me to support all the latest features of the game.
2) It was quite hard for me to find the time to work on this hobby project, life simply took preference.

In short: the app is discontinued now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Atlee
msg tools
Can you not leave it on the play store? Does this cost money to just leave it up and available for download with a disclaimer that says no longer supported?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Sorry, it is highly unlikely that I will put it back.
Last time I touched that code it was very close to a new major release, but not just there yet. Neither the released nor this new, almost done version is in the shape (under the hood) that I would release today. It simply not up to my standards anymore. I should rewrite the whole thing from scratch and I'm not that into the game to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.