Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got an opportunity to try this game at Games Day Atlanta this past Saturday. It's a game of deduction that is sort of like a combination of Werewolf and Bang. The artwork, the theme, and the publisher are what initially raised my interest in the game.

We had a chance to try it with 7 players. Basically, each player is on one of two teams and each team has a goal - to acquire a set of keys or a set of goblets. The trick is that you don't know what team or what item anyone else has when the game begins. To find out, you attack another player and the remaining players can weigh in on the side of the attacker or defender. Whichever player wins (attacker or defender) gets to look at the other player's team or steal an item. You can sort of deduce who is on whose team by watching who supports which other players. In the beginning of the game this is very chaotic but as the game progresses, people sort of converge to supporting people who they know or strongly suspect are on their team. The game ends when someone believes that he has figured out everyone who is on his team AND when he thinks his team holds all the goblets or keys.

The game was a bit confusing to start with, but about halfway through we were getting the hang of it. In the end, a player tried for the win but was missing one member of his team, and so his team lost. Interesting game that I'd like to try again. It has real potential and I think it's probably considerably better than Bang.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Zach
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
robartin wrote:
In the end, a player tried for the win but was missing one member of his team, and so his team lost.

Hi Robartin,

keep in mind, that the player only has to name the members of his team who own the objects that are necessary for victory. He must not name the other players of his team.

Thank you for your nice report. I'm looking forward to your next

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. That makes things a little easier. Our losing team may actually have won then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Zach
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Oh, I will take that to the FAQ then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
We did win. And I thought we had won... the rules did not specifically say that you needed to name all of the team members.

The only odd caveat is. I knew two of my other three team members. I had two of the keys, and I was really certain that the other key was being held by one of those two teammates.

The only other question I can think of---is do you have to know exactly which teamate has that key?

Or can you do like I was trying to do--name other teamates and...if they are all your teammates, and together you have enough items, you win?

I'm pretty sure that is the intent of the rules.

Moo,
The Gothic Gypsy Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Zach
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
fbranham wrote:
The only other question I can think of---is do you have to know exactly which teamate has that key?

Hi Frank,

yes, you have to know exactly who has the other keys.

- Lukas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.