Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what does Resolved actually mean in terms of Durations?

Do I call Royal Carriage on the turn I play the Duration after it does what it does, or on the next turn after it is done doing what it does that turn (exception Hireling)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran├žois-Marie Arouet
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
Do I call Royal Carriage on the turn I play the Duration after it does what it does, or on the next turn after it is done doing what it does that turn (exception Hireling)?

The first option - on the first turn you play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
tytrain wrote:
Buggy wrote:

The first option - on the first turn you play it.

Yes - the stuff a duration does on the next turn is "set up" when you first play it. It is not contingent on staying in play, which is primarily a reminder mechanism (which is why you still get the next turn effects even if the duration is not in play, e.g. with Procession).

I think of this as similar to how a card with +1 Action is resolved by noting that you have an extra action - you don't have to wait until you have played another Action card before considering it resolved (and calling Royal Carriage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.