Paul Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
On the final task of the Final Mission 'Infiltration' it says:"This task requires 3 successes to complete". This raised a lot of questions.

I have searched the app rules, but it won't say on the Final Mission entry, but there is a line that says you need to treat the Final Mission as a regular mission in resolving it.

Going to the Mission entry, it states that if you roll 1 or more successes on a non-enemy task during the mission, the task is COMPLETED. So it gets a success token.

How do we implement this in the final task on the Final Mission???

Example: First roll (as I only completed the first two tasks in the previous round) on Threat Level (TL) 1: Alien die=6, successes=2. Meaning I succeeded in winning, no one gets killed, BUT, I rolled TWO successes, does that mean I get to place two? Or just one?

Also, since the answer of either one or two tokens doesn't resolve the task at hand (since three are needed), does the TL increase, even tho I had a success rolled? I mean, I'm not really pushing my luck right now, I just need more sucesses, right?
Then again, if I defend the orbit with 3 satellites against 4 UFOs, and I only kill 2 of them, I do push my luck, so I guess that kinda makes sense, and so it shouls also increase if I roll again in that final task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're overthinking it. You need 3 successes. It doesn't matter if they come in the same roll or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You rolled 2 successes, so you place 2 success tokens.

You rolled the dice, so you increase the Threat level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, agree that you're WAY over-thinking it. Rules on cards always supersede rules in the rulebook, so you need three successes instead of the usual one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
rmsgrey wrote:
You rolled 2 successes, so you place 2 success tokens.

You rolled the dice, so you increase the Threat level.

Yeah, after I had a good night sleep I actually came to the same conclusion. Thanks for your responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.