Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game and I will also be getting Battle Lore but I was thinking a campaign game would be really cool wouldn't it? Where the outcome of the battle affects the setup of the next one ( or even which battle would be played next) and an overall goal? A meta-game so to speak.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or would it even ever be considered in the future.

Point battles would be great too...

Blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are good ideas. It would take a considerable investment of time to create a campaign and points system, but I think it is worth trying. I know there have been previous discussions regarding a points system on this forum, and, unfortunately, it appeared to be more difficult than initially thought. One problem is how to deal with terrain effects in the points system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todays avatar: Last time I saw Axl he was waiting for his forever home.
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ancient kingdoms didn't seem to have much trouble in rebuilding destroyed armies seeing as how they fought one major action per year or so. And the nature of the fighting pretty well led them to seek battle on open plains or often than not.

Ya know, Ancients, the old 3W game, had a point system. That might be a starting place. Anybody have a copy or can post the link to the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
willial butler
United States
patterson
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Ancient kingdoms didn't seem to have much trouble in rebuilding destroyed armies seeing as how they fought one major action per year or so. And the nature of the fighting pretty well led them to seek battle on open plains or often than not.

Ya know, Ancients, the old 3W game, had a point system. That might be a starting place. Anybody have a copy or can post the link to the rules.

http://www.relativerange.com/ancients/game.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to put together a set of army lists, similar to DBA lists, for CCA. Then it will simply be a case of choosing 12/ 14/ 16 units to pitch against your opponent. The army lists will draw from the 4 (soon to be 5) armies currently available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yangtze2000 wrote:
I'm going to put together a set of army lists, similar to DBA lists, for CCA.

Hey Don, this is a fun idea. I am a big fan of the DBA army lists, and I am sure you can have great battles by transporting the DBA info to CCA. CCA would certainly benefit by having Polynesians and Hawaiians battle it out!

One simple-minded method I have used is to map each DBA unit type to one CCA unit:
Cv -> Med Cav
Kn -> Hvy Cav
LH -> Light Cav
Ax -> Auxilia
Wb -> Warriors
Ps -> LI
Bw -> Bows
Sp -> MI
Bd -> HI
Ele -> Elephants
Gen-> Leader
etc.

Then, use your DBA miniatures and a bunch of wound markers to have a 12 on 12 unit battle. It works pretty well, it's quick, and there are hundreds of armies to try out. Nothing like seeing the Nubians take on the Burgundian Ordonnance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.