Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Egli
Switzerland
Luzern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

Recently I've got Maria (it's time for some serious game sessions cool) and played a 1-4 round solo last night to get myself into the rules. Now I've got two questions I haven't seen any answers yet in the forums:

I know how to form a stack of generals. Is it possible that these two generals disperse when in movement stage? So they follow two different streets (e.g. to close in on a hostile general).

I've read the rules in german, so the rules are not exactly clear about the placement of the hussars, now I understand it like that: I can only place them (according the rules or leaving them where they are) in phase 2 Hussars!?

(mein Problem mit dem deutschen Text war der letzte Abschnitt von 7 Husaren: ".. so kommt dieser vom Brett, kann aber im nächsten Zug wieder eingesetzt werden". Heisst das jetzt, sie können vor jeden Zügen jedes Landes wieder eingesetzt werden? Z.B. Frankreich setzt einen Husaren vom Brett, aber ich kann ihn nach Frankreichs Zug gleich irgendwo bei den Preussen einsetzten?

das textliche Problem kommt von der Benutzung des Wortes Zug, ich glaube Runde wäre die richtige Formulierung?!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can split up generals into two separate armies. I think the only restriction is that each general must have at least one army. In other words, you cannot leave a general alone without an army.

But remember, battles happen one at a time. So, each general (and his army) would have to battle the enemy general separately, one after the other.

Does that answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About the Hussars, you can place them in a certain distance of a General but you can leave them in a position if they were not removed from the board by an enemy piece and even if no General is arround.

It's a players choice if he wants to relocate the Hussars or leave them in a location of a previous round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:
I know ho to form a stack of generals. Is it possible that these two generals disperse when in movement stage? So they follow two different streets (e.g. to close in on a hostile general).

Yes, you can.

By strict reading of the rules, generals are always moved individually. So, you can move either:
* general 1 to place A, and general 2 to place B; or
* general 1 to place A, and general 2 follows him to place A (so that they remained stacked).

Quote:

I've read the rules in german, so the rules are not exactly clear about the placement of the hussars, now I understand it like that: I can only place them (according the rules or leaving them where they are) in phase 2 Hussars!?

(mein Problem mit dem deutschen Text war der letzte Abschnitt von 7 Husaren: ".. so kommt dieser vom Brett, kann aber im nächsten Zug wieder eingesetzt werden". Heisst das jetzt, sie können vor jeden Zügen jedes Landes wieder eingesetzt werden? Z.B. Frankreich setzt einen Husaren vom Brett, aber ich kann ihn nach Frankreichs Zug gleich irgendwo bei den Preussen einsetzten?

das textliche Problem kommt von der Benutzung des Wortes Zug, ich glaube Runde wäre die richtige Formulierung?!)

Good catch! Indeed the german version uses the wrong term here. It should "Runde" and not "Zug". (The english version is better. It happens from time to time that the translation is better than the original whistle )

".. so kommt dieser vom Brett, kann aber in der nächsten RUNDE wieder eingesetzt werden".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Desiderata wrote:

But remember, battles happen one at a time. So, each general (and his army) would have to battle the enemy general separately, one after the other.

That is if they are separate, correct? Or does that apply to a stack too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melric wrote:
Desiderata wrote:

That is if they are separate, correct? Or does that apply to a stack too?

The stack does the battle, but it's the top general who burns cards and the bottom general who loses troops (though the same country may freely transfer troops between its stacked generals, so long as each army has at least one troop).

Battles happen sequentially in attacker's chosen order. So if you move two stacks on different spaces in position to attack one enemy general, first you attack with one stack and resolve the battle, then (if the enemy did not retreat) you fight another battle with the other stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.