Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Migration:
I have a few problems with this action, but it's mainly about the ships. So your citicens can cross over water when a boat is standing on the water passage. But how excactly does this work? (where do you have to move your boats to and what counts as moving)
a) Island: an Island is surrounded by water and the adjacent tile of course also has a waterborder. Do I have to move a ship on the waterborder of the island tile and another ship on the water border of the adjacent space to create a bridge or is one boat enough? (land--waterborder with ship--end of tile/start of tile--waterborder with ship--island). This unclarity results from the imo misleading pictogram where you can interpret that the right yellow meeple can only move to the right when the yellow boat on the left moved directly between the right yellow boat and the meeple on the adjacent landspace.
If one boat is enough where do I have to place it? Does it matter on which tile i.e on which tile with one part of the border the boat stays?
b) Water passage between two landmasses on a single tile: So let's say I have a boat on this tile, but I used it to migrate there (outer border of the tile). Can the boat automatically be used to cross the water passage on the tile, because the boat already is on the tile, or do I have to migrate the boat from one side of the tile to the middle of the excact same tile to be able to migrate there?

tax collection:
Do you count only your stuff (your citizens and so on) or all the stuff on the board (every citizen)?

Recrutation:
Can you recruit a worker on a tile where you only have a boat, but no citizen (the german rule says you need a unit, it's not said that there has to be a citizen). Can you recruit as many citizens as you want even on different tiles?

Leaving Buildings:
As far as I understand this, you can choose to leave a building with a worker in the deactivation phase, but you can also choose to just stay there, meaning once you occupy a city you can pretty much hold it as long as you wish under normal circumstances, because even rebelling citizens won't leave the building.

Red Crisis:

Are red crises only resolved once (immidiatly when they show up) or will they get resolved every turn in phase 6?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Migration - a)Not sure I can visualize your question, you need one ship between two tiles to cross the tiles. It creates a bridge that allows you to traverse. If you want to go farther you need another boat either in the next tile over or the third tile that you are trying to get in. Every boat will move you Boat+1 tiles. 1 boat 2 tiles, 2 boats 3 tiles, etc...

Tax Collection is only your buildings and units.

Recruiting - the rulebook uses the word citizen, boat, and unit. Meeples are citizens. Both Boats and meeples are units. You can recruit where ever you have a unit.

Leaving Buildings - EDIT: See below

Red crisis - only resolved when initially revealed through 'burning' an evolution card.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, after you use your boat to migrate in the current tile, you can also move the boat or boats with a migration action - and then continue migrating other units that would need it. This does not make it possible to move 3 tiles with one boat. You need instantaneous migration with your boat filling between two tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BestCheckedIn wrote:
Migration - a)Not sure I can visualize your question, you need one ship between two tiles to cross the tiles. It creates a bridge that allows you to traverse.

Just to make sure that I understand this.
You need one boat per waterboarder and the physical end of each tile does not split boarders into two halfs you each need a boat on.
So it doesn't matter on which tile the boat stands to create this boarder? Or do you place the boat on the physical boarder of a tile and then can choose on which tile it stands on after resolving this migrate option (because it needs to be on a tile for other actions)?

Concerning the other part of the question does this mean you actually need a migrate action to move one boat from the left boarder of a tile to the right boarder of the same tile or is the boat on a tile considerd to be present on the whole tile and you can place it on any side of the tile you want without needing a migrate action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) ...yes
2) Moving the boat around a tile to act as a bridge in multiple places is not a migratation. After you do the action just mentioned, you can move the boat to another tile completely, and then do the previous action again in the new tile as much as required. He is done moving now though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Leaving Buildings - you got it. The only way to remove a unit from a building would be to get the war and peace expansion. The town can only prevent a unit from reentering a building and will never displace a unit.

Have to check with the rules but I always played the way that a citizen in a town can desplace an opponent citizen in a building if it is in rebellion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lack of clarity with regards to the rules of Archipelago?

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BestCheckedIn wrote:
Ya, you can't do that.

I think it is a legal play this is a direct quote from the rules, bottom of page 12:

Quote:
If player A builds
a town in a region that contains a port, market, or temple
which is occupied, and thus controlled by player B, player
B remains in control of his building as long as his unit
remains on it and does not become a rebel:

At the end of the resolution of a crisis, if the unit
belonging to player B that occupies the port/market/
temple becomes a rebel, then player A can choose to expel
it from the building and assume control since he controls
the town in the region. He removes the rebel from the
building and moves it elsewhere on the region, keeping it
lying on its back (rebel state).

In short words if after a crisis a citizen in a building is in rebellion it can be expelled by the player who owns a town in the hex.

Quote:

Lack of clarity with regards to the rules of Archipelago?

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

And that's archipelago. At least this time the game is pure gold and in my oppinion is worth every effort you put in trying to understand the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well then I withdraw my statement lol

EDIT: You can displace a rebel citizen from a building if you own a town in the same hex and are also not a rebel citizen. You can only do this at the end of a resolution of a crisis (It would appear to be during the balance of the Archipelago phase, since red crises don't keep your citizen as a rebel - could be wrong, these rules are rough).

So if you build a town in a hex with a rebel citizen already on a building, you cannot displace them until the proper timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BestCheckedIn wrote:

EDIT: You can displace a rebel citizen from a building if you own a town in the same hex and are also not a rebel citizen. You can only do this at the end of a resolution of a crisis (It would appear to be during the balance of the Archipelago phase, since red crises don't keep your citizen as a rebel - could be wrong, these rules are rough).

So if you build a town in a hex with a rebel citizen already on a building, you cannot displace them until the proper timing.

I agree with that. Only at the end of yellow crisis you could trigger the expulsion of citizens, and you have always first to give chance to the player to stand up the citizens paying resources or with churches.

Im still waiting for the day that I will play this game with all the rules right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Sea convoy has to be one of the more convoluted things in the game. I think I've only used it once. Moving ships to the borders between hexes is just a visual aid. To move N hexes, you need N-1 ships. The ships can migrate before or after the sea convoy.

2. Just your stuff.

3. You can hire with just a boat, or a citizen.

4. If you want to vacate a building you can do so with (1) migration (2) harvest, or (3) construct actions. Personally I don't play that citizens may leave buildings in the disengage step.

5. Just when they are revealed while people are purchasing/turning evolution cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
celacanto wrote:
BestCheckedIn wrote:

I agree with that. Only at the end of yellow crisis you could trigger the expulsion of citizens, and you have always first to give chance to the player to stand up the citizens paying resources or with churches.

Im still waiting for the day that I will play this game with all the rules right

Lol for the longest time we were playing that you could take the multicolored spots first in the explore action. This allowed the first and second guy to do it, then wait a few turns before they decided to do it again. Whoops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dream_rpg wrote:
1. The Sea convoy has to be one of the more convoluted things in the game. I think I've only used it once. Moving ships to the borders between hexes is just a visual aid. To move N hexes, you need N-1 ships. The ships can migrate before or after the sea convoy.

so in the case of |island1|starting tile|island2| you can move citizens from the island1 to island2 with just one boat used as a sea convoy?

thx for all your answers guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.