GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: 8-Minute Empire or 8-Minute Empire: Legends rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anya Sakova
msg tools
Which should I get and why? I don't own any area control games and I usually just play with my girlfriend so it would be just for the two of us essentially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jaquette
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Please search through the forums of the two games, this question has been asked and answered multiple times. Welcome to BGG!

Edit: Typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends...At a con in Feb I talked with the designer, and he said Legends...so I am going with that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base Game vs Legends - Differences And Improvements vs Player Count Drop
Original? Legends? Both? Differences and replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barker

Redondo Beach (90277)
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Legends is an all around better game, I've played both. It's also cheap so why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy: Legends. The cards are far more interesting. The cards, which have your action for the turn also have ongoing abilities in addition to end game scoring. Regular Eight Minute Empire does not have the ongoing abilities. Exploration over water is easier in Legends. In the regular version, you had to get a card to explore over water, so if you didn't get a card that let you do so, you were stuck. In Legends, any movement action can get you over water, it is just more expensive than land. Also, the art in Legends is better. True, Legends does not accommodate 5 players, but 5 is too many for this game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends seems to have limited availability at the moment, at least in the UK. What should the approximate prices of each game be? I'd been tempted to by 8-Minute Empire as it's very cheap, and Legends seems to be twice the price (and out of stock) or 3 times the price where it's in stock.

Are there any other options that compete with these two? I've seen Tiny Epic Kingdoms compared to them but not watched a review of that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.