Hide
9 Posts

Assassinorum: Execution Force» Forums » General

Subject: Game looks awesome!! I'm getting it!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viper .
msg tools
This game looks superb and I don't care what the GW haters out there think. They make quality products. This game is unique too and allows solo play. A game allowing solo play is a big deal to me as I usually play my board games solo.

Theme is just super cool too! And the components look phenomenal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Agreed. I have a bunch of old GW minis collecting dust... With a solo game set in this universe there is actually hope that I might find a use for them. It should be very easy to make up stat cards that fit this game's mechanics so we can use other minis for the heroes and villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mermuse wrote:
Agreed. I have a bunch of old GW minis collecting dust... With a solo game set in this universe there is actually hope that I might find a use for them. It should be very easy to make up stat cards that fit this game's mechanics so we can use other minis for the heroes and villains.

this.
if GW wanted they could make a stack of stat/event cards as mini expansions and let people buy models to accommodate those cards. But they won't do that, because that would be a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viper .
msg tools
I notice a number of people in this forum criticizing the game (and GW) unfairly. I don't understand this bias against GW. They have the right to charge whatever they want to for their products. It's their choice. If you don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that. Personally I don't think this board game is overpriced at all considering the quality of the components it has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viper5121 wrote:
I notice a number of people in this forum criticizing the game (and GW) unfairly. I don't understand this bias against GW. They have the right to charge whatever they want to for their products. It's their choice. If you don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that. Personally I don't think this board game is overpriced at all considering the quality of the components it has.

Its not unfairly, GW has been producing expensive sub-par 40k miniatures games for years. I think we lament as they originally produced some classic boardgames but seem to be unable to move beyond their limited game mechanics and over reliance of miniatures to sell their products.

We won't buy it but we will tell others if the game is crap, that's the point of this site.

GW is always going to garner hate for many reasons not just the price they charge but for a host of other reasons which I'm sure you can find on their respective forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of the most vocal anti-GW people I know. Don't get me wrong though. I love their games (see my profile) and still play many GW games today. Including Eldar, Dark Angels, Warriors of Chaos, Necromantic in bloodbowl & Delaque in Necromunda. The big 2 GW games I'm stuck playing each week because my friends havent moved on to other systems. That and the fact we are so heavily invested.

But for the life of me I can't stand how GW is run. The stupid prices we pay for their products in Australia, the banning of Northern hemisphere selling to Southern hemisphere, paying full price for supplement books that contain 3-5 pages of useful rules, the list goes on . And now it's $210 for a board game that you are only really buying for the 4 assassin miniatures.

Until GW do something to garner some respect back I will continue to buy Chinaforge and download pdfs of codexes. They won't get another cent off me.

Good luck with the game. I hope you enjoy it. I'm torn how I want this game to be received. While I hope it fails big times and GW learns something from this. I also hope it does well enough that they continue to produce more board games and actually become a "GAMES Workshop"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! It took longer than expected for one of these threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GW is old glory really.

They used to be the number one a decade ago then FFG and many - many others took over and it simply is not fun when you have to throw money at a second rated company anymore.

If only 10% of the new Warhammer Fantasy rumours are true than the company simply faces bankrupcy, but they already lost most support of their hardcore fans any way and that's even worse.

Products like XWing, Zombicide or BattleLore kind of games would be in the hands of GW 20 years ago, now they scramble to have a minimum of these games' sales numbers.

Their own fault I say when the money grab primes the consistency and quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.