Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Assassinorum: Execution Force» Forums » General

Subject: Will there eventually be more miniatures and expansions available for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viper .
msg tools
Is there a good chance there will eventually be more miniatures and expansions available for this game?

Opinions?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not as a normal boardgame expansion. Since they already have plenty of miniatures available.
The best thing you can expect is new scenarios or new opponents for the assassins with the rules available in a white dwarf magazine.
Worst case is expansions exclusively sold through apple store like they did for the new Space Hulk edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viper .
msg tools
Flupperdeflup wrote:
Probably not as a normal boardgame expansion. Since they already have plenty of miniatures available.
The best thing you can expect is new scenarios or new opponents for the assassins with the rules available in a white dwarf magazine.
Worst case is expansions exclusively sold through apple store like they did for the new Space Hulk edition.

When you say "plenty of miniatures available", which GW miniatures in particular would work well with this game? And will there most likely be fan-made cards to use them properly in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use any infantry model from the Chaos Space Marines range from Games Workshop to stick to the theme. But anything goes in the 40K universe, you could use whatever you want. Just try to keep the replacements points equivalent.
You could also replace the assassins.The point cost for the assassins is 570. Maybe you could replace them with a couple of HQ models, like Dante or Marneus Calgar.
Go nuts, and let us know how it went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keithy keith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boxed epansion no, but more then likey they will bring out new cards and rules in white dwarf weekly mag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
keithymonster wrote:
boxed epansion no, but more then likey they will bring out new cards and rules in white dwarf weekly mag

Why are people so confident that GW are going to publish additional content in the magazine? Admittedly, I haven't picked up a White Dwarf since Dreadfleet came out, so maybe they have changed how they operate, but back then they never put out expansion content like they used to in the days of Warhammer Quest.

They didn't publish content for Dreadfleet or Space Hulk, so I am doubtful they will do it for this game unless they are changing things up. Perhaps this is something they have published they intend to do from now on?

It would be nice if they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The website clearly states i is a 1 print run, so expansions are out of the questions (they wouldn't make much money on expansions if people could no longer buy the original game).

Like some people mentioned, maybe some minor White Dwarf stuff to make people want to buy their magazine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
keithymonster wrote:

Why are people so confident that GW are going to publish additional content in the magazine? Admittedly, I haven't picked up a White Dwarf since Dreadfleet came out, so maybe they have changed how they operate, but back then they never put out expansion content like they used to in the days of Warhammer Quest.

They didn't publish content for Dreadfleet or Space Hulk, so I am doubtful they will do it for this game unless they are changing things up. Perhaps this is something they have published they intend to do from now on?

Well, they did offer more missions (3?) for Space Hulk, but not in White Dwarf - only digital. But they did give an opportunity to use other painted minis if folks were so inclined (as I did).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
keithymonster wrote:

Well, they did offer more missions (3?) for Space Hulk, but not in White Dwarf - only digital. But they did give an opportunity to use other painted minis if folks were so inclined (as I did).

Yeah. But those were pretty expensive digital downloads, not stuff printed in the magazine. This time around I have seen several people saying it is very likely there will be expansions in the magazine, so I am trying to figure out if that is very wishful thinking, or based on something GW has said or done.

I remember they did print one extra thing for Dreadfeet on their website, but that was within the first couple of days of the game's release, after which there was nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Yeah. But those were pretty expensive digital downloads, not stuff printed in the magazine. This time around I have seen several people saying it is very likely there will be expansions in the magazine, so I am trying to figure out if that is very wishful thinking, or based on something GW has said or done.

I remember they did print one extra thing for Dreadfeet on their website, but that was within the first couple of days of the game's release, after which there was nothing.

Agreed on the digital missions being expensive.

Space Hulk was based on multiple missions for variability while this new game isn't, so I will be surprised if Assassinorum is extended in either White Dwarf or with digital downloads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keithy keith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Space Hulk was based on multiple missions for variability while this new game isn't, so I will be surprised if Assassinorum is extended in either White Dwarf or with digital downloads.

spacehulk did get some missions in white dwarf, also they are bring mini game out in white dwarf alot now plus have been printing cards for 40k game modes, i think/hope we will get some more stuff in a white dwarf soon-ish after game comes out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keithymonster wrote:
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

spacehulk did get some missions in white dwarf, also they are bring mini game out in white dwarf alot now plus have been printing cards for 40k game modes, i think/hope we will get some more stuff in a white dwarf soon-ish after game comes out

Space Hulk (4th) got one mission in the White Dwarf issue that promoted the release. Did it get more afterwards? Releasing one extra mission at the time of release isn't really supporting the game with expansions in the long term, so is this something they are now actively doing? For example, what are these mini games they have been printing? That's not something I have heard about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Space hulk got one mission in white dwarf and three mission packs on the ipad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut tells me no. It seems like it would be easy to repackage some existing minis together with a new Boss room, and new cards, but I don't think it will happen.

HOWEVER!

I am absolutely certain that there will be fan created content. There's just too much awesomeness that could be made.

Viper5121 wrote:
Is there a good chance there will eventually be more miniatures and expansions available for this game?

Opinions?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aquilaprime wrote:
My gut tells me no. It seems like it would be easy to repackage some existing minis together with a new Boss room, and new cards, but I don't think it will happen.

HOWEVER!

I am absolutely certain that there will be fan created content. There's just too much awesomeness that could be made.

Just don't expect any of that content to show up on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
aquilaprime wrote:

HOWEVER!

are they really that heavy handed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s games workshop it´s ways are mysterious

Space Hulk (third edition) Remake was a big sucess with great miniatures, but even it could allow expansions (like the old one Dark Angels and Space Wolvers sets) it never makes out instead making SPACE HULK very limited (and expensive) edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
aquilaprime wrote:

HOWEVER!

are they really that heavy handed?

Pop over to the Space Hulk page and try to upload a file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim LochNESS
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I would not count on it. In the best case scenario we might get one scenario in the White Dwarf. But since the White Dwarf went weekly (and became so thin it hardly has space for anything), I would not count on it anymore.

Like some people already said, there is a fairly large chance you might find some interesting fanmade scenarios here. Including scenarios featuring other races instead of Chaos Space Marines. However, GW is pretty darn (annoying actually) strict on any use of it's IP outside the use it actually makes money of. And some members here have rather unpleasant experiences with GW legal department...

However, you might find my initial impressions worthwhile. It's just waiting for the mods to accept my intital impression 'review' and the photos I also made to go along with this intial review. In summary the game components are very cool, but the game itself could have been better and the idea certainly has more posibilities than GW has used (as was too be expected).

Edit: it's online now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Viper5121 wrote:

When you say "plenty of miniatures available", which GW miniatures in particular would work well with this game? And will there most likely be fan-made cards to use them properly in the game?

I think Space Marines would work well!

The character cards they made are almost design for easy replication, I love it. I'm not much of a designer or game balance guru, but I made this in about 20 minutes.

Thought I think inserting a space marine and giving him slower movement with no sprinting, being a larger target with slightly lower resilience, but more health with no healing option would be badass and make them lethal up close and play with just two of them instead of four? I don't know!

It'd look something like this:

Make his special attack be strafing fire or emperor's will(survive mortal wound) or relentless charge (allowing him to sprint his 5 squares plus two dice) I don't know! But it should be neat to try. If anyone has good ideas, I'll muck some stuff up post release. (need to scan the real card for dimensions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice work, Dark! Your effort makes me feel a little better about expanding the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
I've been 'out' of 40K for a long time, but I'd love to see a scenario involving a Genestealer Cult. DO GW still produce 'stealers?

Also, I hear a lot of people saying this is the only place to get the Assassin minis for use in 40K, but the same 4 assassins date back to 2nd Ed; is there anything to stop players picking up the old mins on eBay and using them instead?

Edit: just to add that I now feel old for asking questions like these. 'Sit down laddie and I'll tell you about the good old days when GW produced proper boardgames...'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Ramon
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I said the same thing about a genestealer cult expansion in another thread. Yes, they still produce genestealers - http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tyranid-Genestealer-Broo... - but you would need to find other models for the hybrids, brood brothers, and the magus. Maybe modding chaos cultists would fit the bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
True_Dave wrote:
I've been 'out' of 40K for a long time, but I'd love to see a scenario involving a Genestealer Cult. DO GW still produce 'stealers?

That's a great idea. And don't worry about feeling old - I'd use all of the hybrid miniatures from my Space Hulk Genestealer expansion and the Hybrids I bought to go with it way back when!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
True_Dave wrote:
I've been 'out' of 40K for a long time, but I'd love to see a scenario involving a Genestealer Cult.

not sure about scenarios, but I dont play space hulk these days, so I think I'll end up creating character/enemy cards for the minatures from sp
ace hulk. Probably event cards to accommodate Genestealers too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.