Subject: some questions about bishop-colors(pink-brown)-cubes-portraits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.You can move the bishop before restoring any tile 1 space.So if you put 2 of your workers in the cathedral you can move the bishop 2 times correct(separately for each tile)?if you can restore 2 tiles

2.about the colors pink and brown.They can replace the basic colors too or only the green-purple-orange when you try to restore the altar?

3.If you use the exp The Portraits you can choose instead of a card to take 3 talers?

4.The cubes are unlimited???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: some questions
1. The bishop can only be moved once, before your first restore action. EDIT: The bishop can optionally be bribed to move before every restore action. (thanks dhc3po for citing the correct rule)

Quote:
Before restoring any segment of the fresco, the player may move the bishop once only

2. They can only replace Green-Purple-Orange.

Quote:
If a player wants to restore the altar using blended colors they may replace the colors green, orange and purple by pink or brown in any way they want.

3. Yes

Quote:
The active player may take one of the two portrait cards on open display for one of their apprentices at the studio. For each of their other apprentices at the studio they are paid 3 Thalers as usual.
If both portraits have been painted (picked up) already, the players can only be paid 3 Thalers.

4. Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx a lot.
So if you try to give for the altar one yellow one blue and one pink you can't do that!!correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is my understanding. It specifically says if you want to restore with blended colours (not basic). So I read that as the green orange purple restore action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any segment you restore, you may move the bishop 1 space, only once, by paying 1 coin. So if you send 2 workers to restore, you may move the bishop once before both segments.

Edit: This was confirmed by one of the designers in this thread, Re: Multiple apprentices moving the bishop.

As far as restoring the alter with pink or brown, I've always played that as long as you start with any 3 secondary colors, you may use brown or pink to replace one of them. So a Green, Green, Pink would be allowed for 8pts. After re-reading the rules and reading another thread, I found I've been playing that wrong. You must start with all three secondary colors, 6pt level, before replacing any of them with pink or brown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
Thx a lot.
So if you try to give for the altar one yellow one blue and one pink you can't do that!!correct?

No, this is legal. Remember, the altar has a base score of two when painting it with primary colors. Each of the primary colors can be replaced with a secondary color for an additional point. And each secondary color can be replaced by a tertiary color for more points. So you could have, say, yellow, red, and pink. The pink in place of, say, green, and the green in place of blue. So you get 6 points for this -- the base score of 2, +1 for replacing blue with "green," and +3 for replacing "green" with pink.

Never mind -- after reviewing the rules more carefully I think I was wrong above -- you can only use pink and brown on the altar to replace a secondary color, even if an entirely notional one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.